Inquirer Story: Prosecutors Set Sites on Former Drum Corps Director

13 minutes ago, littlejaw said:

Hope they have those text messages, or it’s going to be very hard to prosecute.

they can be subpoena'd

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Holy mackerel.

This is now heading to the next level.

I said in the very first hours after the initial story broke that this would wind up getting investigated at the criminal level. When I saw certain comments NOT being eliminated from Hopkins FB wall I knew he was under Attorneys orders NOT to delete anything as it would be viewed as a sign of obstruction of justice . You could basically go over to GH wall right now and say naa naa naa boo boo to him and it will stick. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

they can be subpoena'd

Text Messages and phone records have a life span. Trust me on this. It will vary from carrier to carrier but generally speaking after 2 years all text and calls disappear off the face of the earth unless they are preserved on his device and he has turned it over to them without being destroyed forensically. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, camel lips said:

Text Messages and phone records have a life span. Trust me on this. It will vary from carrier to carrier but generally speaking after 2 years all text and calls disappear off the face of the earth unless they are preserved on his device and he has turned it over to them without being destroyed forensically. 

I’m thinking if anything, she would have needed to save them herself. Knowing all that’s happened, they are not on George’s phone and I doubt the carriers held on to them after a few years.

2 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

Would this go to a grand jury, or could the DA decide to prosecute on its own (I need to stop watching Law & Order).

Does somebody from PA know if the above is possible? In NJ, AFAIK all criminal prosecutions have to go through the grand jury process first to get an indictment. 

10 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

Would this go to a grand jury, or could the DA decide to prosecute on its own (I need to stop watching Law & Order).

DUN - DUN

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

I hope these are helpful.

https://www.cmlaw1.com/pennsylvania-grand-jury-proceedings/

Note this from this link:

"In Pennsylvania, an Investigating Grand Jury is an investigative and prosecutorial tool that can be utilized by a county District Attorney or the Attorney General. "

The operative here is the word 'can'.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2015/07/how_does_the_grand_jury_proces.html

Edited by BigW