Inquirer Story: Prosecutors Set Sites on Former Drum Corps Director

sad. someone hired in the YEA office shortly before all hell broke loose was questioned if they were hired for their looks. Given all that wonderful young lady is going through personally and professionally, anyone who said that to her should be strung up by certain anatomical parts

• Like 2

14 hours ago, BRASSO said:

if in the scenario you are asking us,  should Hopkins be found innocent should a future criminal case trial take place, would he then perhaps afterwards sue the YEA Board for " wrongful termination "  in a Civil Trial Court.

I am not a lawyer... but to my knowledge, criminal trial verdicts range from "guilty" to "not guilty".  There is no "innocent" verdict.  And given the nature of the prospective case, it is unlikely that he could be proven innocent.

Then there are still 9 or 10 other prevailing allegations that provide cause for dismissal.  And can someone even file a "wrongful termination" suit when they resigned?

I wonder if when he is convicted and thrown in jail if Bill Cosby will make him call him “Daddy Huxtable” or “Mr Huxtable” :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

I am not a lawyer... but to my knowledge, criminal trial verdicts range from "guilty" to "not guilty".  There is no "innocent" verdict.  And given the nature of the prospective case, it is unlikely that he could be proven innocent.

Then there are still 9 or 10 other prevailing allegations that provide cause for dismissal.  And can someone even file a "wrongful termination" suit when they resigned?

GH was fired. The board did not accept his resignation.

3 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Found Innocent of the charges by the public... found Not Guilty at Trial by the Legal System.  That wording work better for you now ?

As for your latter question here, the newly installed YEA Board rejected his resignation ( which presumably would allow him some future YEA income/ benefits while he was in transit ). Instead, the new YEA Board terminated him for Cause, thereby providing the ability of YEA to pay him no future money from their YEA Account under the Termination for Cause provision. GH could conceivably sue for the restoration of those funds, as well as for illegal breech of employment Contract, and unlawful termination lawsuit monies. But in reality this is all an exercise in imaginary non reality, as GH is not about to sue YEA as the sheer numbers of alleged victims that the YEA defense attorneys could bring to bare in defense of their termination of this guy is so vast and compelling, that GH would never find a lawyer willing to waste their time taking such an unwinnable case to Civil Court, with a client that probably has little to no money to pay such a lawyer. And theres no lawyer out there dumb enough to take this guy on a Pro Bono basis to sue YEA either on what could only be viewed as a wholly unwinnable potential lawsuit. YEA was most certainly in their  legal rights to terminate this guy. They don't need a Criminal Trial verdict decision of any determination to validate that termination decision either.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Board #1 accepted his resignation.  What board #2 did subsequently does not erase that history.

Actually according to the organization he never actually submitted a resignation and they said if he did they wouldn’t acccept it anyway as he was terminated 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ftwdrummer said:

Hot take: we shouldn't joke about prison-rape, even if the people involved are convicted sex offenders.

My take: it’s funny: two molesters in prison, exactly where they should be. Preying on eachother instead of innocents.

• Haha 1