Inquirer Story: Prosecutors Set Sites on Former Drum Corps Director

46 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Board #1 accepted his resignation.  What board #2 did subsequently does not erase that history.

The 1st Board's decision does not" erase that history" , ...true. But the 2nd Board presumably had more info, as well as Cause, to invalidate that YEA decision, and impose a termination, instead of a resignation as for his departure. The 2nd YEA Board's decision is likewise part of the historical record that is not erased too,... of course. Absent any legal and successful challenge by GH and his Atty, the subsequent, and latest, YEA Board decision ( ie, a Termination for his ouster ) is what it will legally remain for posterity.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

The 1st Board's decision does not" erase that history" , ...true. But the 2nd Board presumably had more info, as well as Cause, to invalidate that YEA decision, and impose a termination, instead of a resignation as for his departure. The 2nd YEA Board's decision is likewise part of the historical record that is not erased too,... of course. Absent any legal and successful challenge by GH and his Atty, the subsequent, and latest, YEA Board decision ( ie, a Termination for his ouster ) is what it will legally remain for posterity.

I’m still not sure he actually resigned.  He still had the vehicle and the computer.

15 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m still not sure he actually resigned.  He still had the vehicle and the computer.

He didn’t 

It was in their press release 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

There was never a formal resignation that was provided to the board. When the new board took over they reviewed the facts and determined there was not resignation so they were able to fire GH for cause.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

Board #1 accepted his resignation.  What board #2 did subsequently does not erase that history.

Read below...

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Actually according to the organization he never actually submitted a resignation and they said if he did they wouldn’t acccept it anyway as he was terminated 

17 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

He didn’t 

It was in their press release 

14 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

There was never a formal resignation that was provided to the board. When the new board took over they reviewed the facts and determined there was not resignation so they were able to fire GH for cause.

Any further questions?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Thanks.  I was a little sketchy on that. 

My post was geared towards another user on here that dismissed my comment about him being fired.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

My post was geared towards another user on here that dismissed my comment about him being fired.

I really was a little confused about this supposed first resignation.  

16 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I agree, especially with your point about him still having company property.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

So am I.  The confusion stems from when YEA! posted this announcement:

https://yea.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&layout=edit&id=2003

It does say "George has resigned. Though he denies the allegations, he believes stepping aside is in the best interest of the organization. We agree. His resignation is effective immediately."  This was posted to the world back when the original YEA! board was still in place.  Now, if the replacement BOD did not find written confirmation of that resignation, does that mean it never happened?