Inquirer Story: Prosecutors Set Sites on Former Drum Corps Director

15 minutes ago, ShortAndFast said:

None of us, I assume, are privy to the details of GH's employment agreement with YEA so none of us know for sure what causes of action he might have. .

True. We only know that 4 weeks have now elapsed, and as far as we know at this moment, George Hopkins has not challenged his termination/ resignation/departure status from YEA./ Cadets/ Cadets2.

Pardon me while I won't hold my breath that GH believes he was somehow wrongly terminated, and ever envisions a future successful lawsuit that challenges that removal for Cause.

Edited by BRASSO

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

True. We only know that 4 weeks have now elapsed, and as far as we know at this moment, George Hopkins has not challenged his termination/ resignation/departure status from YEA./ Cadets/ Cadets2.

Pardon me while I won't hold my breath that GH believes he was somehow wrongly terminated.

It would be quite a circus atmosphere should he decide to go down that path.  If it happens, I’ll start popping some corn. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ftwdrummer said:

Hot take: we shouldn't joke about prison-rape, even if the people involved are convicted sex offenders.

Agreed

That and a few other comments in this thread show that some of the outrage is rather insincere   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cowtown said:

Agreed

That and a few other comments in this thread show that some of the outrage is rather insincere   

Oh so now you can read minds? :lle:

On 5/18/2018 at 4:41 PM, George Dixon said:

No, we just disagree, but ok. 

No, you're wrong. Rape/molestation is bad. Full stop. Even if it's molesters molesting each other. So maybe don't joke about it.

Same way assassination is bad and probably shouldn't be joked about, either.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ftwdrummer said:

No, you're wrong. Rape/molestation is bad. Full stop. Even if it's molesters molesting each other. So maybe don't joke about it.

There's different types of humor. Light humor, dark humor, etc. There's things we find funny that we shouldn't, all of us. Someone getting hurt shouldn't be funny, but if it wasn't then AFV wouldn't exist. What it comes down to is that you do disagree, he is not wrong just like you are not wrong. Moving on. 

5 hours ago, ftwdrummer said:

Inmates have consensual sex.  All the time.  While not illegal, it is mostly likely against whatever rules or regulations govern where they are housed.  Not unlike Hopkins, it often becomes a crime when force, threat or intimidation is used to facilitate the actions.

Molesters molest each other more often than you'd think in a correctional setting.

Edited by Daave
clarity

Will probably close the thead on this one but molesting is not consensual doesn’t matter who it is.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

3 hours ago, Daave said:

Inmates have consensual sex.  All the time.  While not illegal, it is mostly likely against whatever rules or regulations govern where they are housed.  Not unlike Hopkins, it often becomes a crime when force, threat or intimidation is used to facilitate the actions.

Molesters molest each other more often than you'd think in a correctional setting.

Yea, Daave, I have to agree with Jim here.  Consensual sex between people convicted of molestation is not on the same plane as Hop molesting his employees and/or students.  While they both are power-establishing, two bucks going at it in prison is not the same as Hop sticking his hands down uncooperative girls' pants, IMO.

• Thanks 2

I was only responding to the other post about molester's molesting other molesters (in prison).  The other part was only to state that it could be criminal when force, threat or intimidation is involved.