In The News – Amid Sexual-Misconduct Scandal, A New Code Of Conduct For Drum Corps

12 minutes ago, skevinp said:

They are very small personnel and money wise.  Perhaps you can offer your services on a pro bono basis?

Not an excuse.  Requiring background checks and disqualifying non-compliant corps costs nothing.

23 minutes ago, jasgre2000 said:

Not an excuse.  Requiring background checks and disqualifying non-compliant corps costs nothing.

It was not offered as an excuse for  their not doing those things.  It was offered as relevant to the strong statements you made about the inadequacy of their policies and their legal representation, as one reason that might be the case, and included a suggested solution that might help with that.

Edited by skevinp
Edited to fix font

5 minutes ago, skevinp said:

It was not offered as an excuse for  their not doing those things.  It was offered as relevant to the strong statements you made about the inadequacy of their policies and their legal representation, as one reason that might be the case, and included a suggested solution that might help with that.

Sorry for reacting so curtly.  You are almost certainly right.  Unfortunately it would be nearly a full time job to help DCI through the legalities of this mess.  Certainly not something I am qualified to do.  And I would be surprised if anyone had the resources to take it on as a pro bono project.  In my opinion, it’s desparately needed though.  If DCI can’t figure it out, it could be their downfall.

I've read DCP posts, laughed, cried, bewildered, amused, confused. Suggested solutions is a good idea for an activity meant for good people and to have wonderful memories.

6 hours ago, jasgre2000 said:

I know.  You were one of the few that I was referring to.  Doesn’t seem to be many others interested in discussing it.

No dci “ did something” appearance is more than substance. And background checks alone aren’t enough. A background check wouldn’t have caught moody

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jasgre2000 said:

And background checks aren’t that expensive. I pay more to be licensed for my job 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jasgre2000 said:

At a bare minimum, there should be a background check requirement and a system put in place for people to report misconduct directly to DCI.  

I would prefer there be a fourth party to report misconduct to, rather than DCI.  

• Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

I would prefer there be a fourth party to report misconduct to, rather than DCI.  

Agree 

55 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Agreed

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

And background checks aren’t that expensive. I pay more to be licensed for my job 

Had more expensive meals but been a while since we had our checks.