In The News – Amid Sexual-Misconduct Scandal, A New Code Of Conduct For Drum Corps

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Thanks.  I had not heard of this one.  Never too late to learn something new.   

I wonder if Drum Corps needs a policy on 'Faking Your Own Death"?

What’s dumber faking with someone less than half your size or the legend I heard when I started work.

Guy disappeared on a trip and wife reported it to insurance company. Their response was without a body he’s not officially dead for seven years so no money. Went to plan b which was show up and go back to work. No laws broken supposedly as she did not file the false claim (she was in on it too allegedly).

Moral is check the laws or watch more detective shows first

• Like 2

11 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

But I thought you guys liked them:lol:

we did. but we needed to drum

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

well Bob Barker would have been in trouble for decades

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, xandandl said:

That would leave out most of Phantom Regiment's show designs, no?

Bridgemen 81 too...oh wait he came back to life

3 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

"There was just one problem: The murder victim weighed far less than half of the 450-pound Kalady, raising investigators' suspicions when they viewed the body at a suburban crematorium, authorities said.

Kalady was quickly apprehended and jailed on murder charges...."

All I can see now is a very, VERY short chase on foot which explains the 'quickly apprehended'.... :biggrin:

"Stop or we'll shoot! And well, you're so big we won't miss!"

• Haha 2

On 5/23/2018 at 5:18 AM, cixelsyd said:

I would prefer there be a fourth party to report misconduct to, rather than DCI.  

That too, but at a minimum DCI needs to start taking its oversight role seriously and not just pretend like their hands are tied.  That includes setting up a mechanism to allow reporting directly to DCI.  I understand that DCI is governed by its member corps.  That’s how almost every organization of its type is structured (e.g., NCAA, NFL, ETC.). If it’s true that the member corps won’t step up and give DCI some teeth to police this kind of stuff, things are far worse than I ever imagined.

• Like 2

The George Hopkins scandal and subsequent DCI reforms spun to prominence in the wake of the Me Too movement, itself sparked by revelations last fall against legendary movie producer Harvey Weinstein, so I think it's worth noting that Weinstein will surrender to police tomorrow on charges of rape.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/05/24/614270727/harvey-weinstein-will-turn-himself-in-on-rape-sexual-assault-charges

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jasgre2000 said:

That too, but at a minimum DCI needs to start taking its oversight role seriously and not just pretend like their hands are tied.  That includes setting up a mechanism to allow reporting directly to DCI.  I understand that DCI is governed by its member corps.  That’s how almost every organization of its type is structured (e.g., NCAA, NFL, ETC.). If it’s true that the member corps won’t step up and give DCI some teeth to police this kind of stuff, things are far worse than I ever imagined.

A fourth party is definitely needed to report to. Imagine a corps says someone is gone yet that person is still around quietly?

• Like 2

On 5/23/2018 at 3:20 PM, Terri Schehr said:

Oh Lawd, that is a gaping hole.  :omg:

Maybe more like the Grand Canyon. :ninja:

• Like 1