In The News – Amid Sexual-Misconduct Scandal, A New Code Of Conduct For Drum Corps

52 minutes ago, Minimaster said:

If that’s true than why are 60% of college students women. 

Those are the leaders.

Please state facts.

According to his earlier post, unequal outcome means unequal opportunity, so he must believe that men are not being given equal opportunity to attend college.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, skevinp said:

According to his earlier post, unequal outcome means unequal opportunity, so he must believe that men are not being given equal opportunity to attend college.  

Seems like it.

Men also graduate from college at much lower rates than women.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/546677/

Annually since 1982, the majority of Bachelor’s degrees have gone to women. Annually since 1987, the majority of Master’s degrees have gone to women.

https://collegepuzzle.stanford.edu/tag/women-exceed-men-in-college-graduation/

Was this the patriarchy?

Edited by Minimaster
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Minimaster said:

Seems like it.

Men also graduate from college at much lower rates than women.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/546677/

Annually since 1982, the majority of Bachelor’s degrees have gone to women. Annually since 1987, the majority of Master’s degrees have gone to women.

https://collegepuzzle.stanford.edu/tag/women-exceed-men-in-college-graduation/

Was this the patriachy?

Just part of the very real war on men and boys that's been going on for quite some time. 

• Like 1

The new rules are worthless with no justifiable penalty and totally transparent and independent reporting process

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

He guys. Take your MRA chats to someplace more appropriate. Maybe a PM. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Just part of the very real war on men and boys that's been going on for quite some time. 

Without some indication of sarcasm I'm going to presume you are being serious.

See, you say things like this and I wonder how we can be so far apart on the broader issue here.

But, obviously, we don't have to agree on everything to be respectful while discussing differences of opinion.

12 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

All I can tell you is that if anyone reads your post, 50 years from now, they will only interpret it as someone claiming that most women are less competent than most men to be leaders.

A lack of (approximately) equal outcome does in fact mean that opportunity was never equal. You won't believe that. But in the future, my statement will be seen as common sense.

That’s a gross misrepresentation of my comment.

If girls are given many many many signals to not be leaders when they grow up, then why are there disproportionately more women going to and graduating from higher ed programs(Leaders).

You can’t really say it’s a hiring issue either, because 76% of all HR managers are women.

https://www.visier.com/clarity/gender-divide-part-1/

You can’t just say whatever you want without backing it up.

As a matter of fact, are you concerned that there are 25% of HR manager jobs that should be going to men? That would be equal outcome according to you, right?

What about the 90% of nurses that are women? Do you want a large influx of male nursing students to make sure it’s closer to 50/50?

11 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Again, what percentage of current drum corps directors are women?

I'm not saying it has to be 50%. I am saying that anything less than 40% is due to long-term structural bias.

The outreach you've done is great! You're part of an ongoing change. Fantastic! But you wouldn't need to make such extra efforts if the system had been fair in the first place.

(You may have the last word, if you wish.)

Since 76% of teachers are female, are you suggesting that the long-term bias has been promulgated in large part by women?

Hopefully everything continues to change in a positive way, not only here in the US, but also world-wide. Not only for women, but in every sub-group. People should be judged on skill-sets, not their gender, race, sexual orientation, etc. 

National Education Statistics

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Sarcasm or not? Scary and sickening if not as sounds like other groups who claim persecution if anyone gets to their level or above

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

All I can tell you is that if anyone reads your post, 50 years from now, they will only interpret it as someone claiming that most women are less competent than most men to be leaders.

A lack of (approximately) equal outcome does in fact mean that opportunity was never equal. You won't believe that. But in the future, my statement will be seen as common sense.

To your first sentence, you know my standard answer:  Can you tell me where the stock market will close tomorrow?  Next week?  Next year?  Presuming the future is one thing.  Stating your presumption with total conviction in its actuality is a fool's game.  

To your second sentence, sorry, I absolutely disagree.  There are enough stats here on this thread to discredit your clam of unequal opportunity TODAY and in the future.

• Like 1