2018 Predictions

The only corps I have seen is Boston so the only corps I can compare it to is Boston 2017. This year's BAC is probably 5-6 points better than last year at this time....so I guess you can draw your own conclusions.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, craiga said:

The only corps I have seen is Boston so the only corps I can compare it to is Boston 2017. This year's BAC is probably 5-6 points better than last year at this time....so I guess you can draw your own conclusions.

So looking back at their first score from 2017 and making this claim, you predict Boston will not only win the first show in Michigan, but beat any of the Crown, Bluecoats and Cavies by 3 to 4 points? Interesting.

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

So looking back at their first score from 2017 and making this claim, you predict Boston will not only win the first show in Michigan, but beat any of the Crown, Bluecoats and Cavies by 3 to 4 points? Interesting.

No. if I read his post correctly, he believes the Boston Crusaders are perhaps " 5-6 points " better than LAST SEASON 2017 Boston Crusaders Corps AT THIS TIME. He stated that he has no idea what the other Corps are like. Presumably then, if the other Corps around them are better by 2-3 points than last season at this time, then that would speak well for their improvement and being on schedule, or even ahead of schedule too, of course. Boston was about 5-6 points in back of these Corps 1st week of 2017. He made no placement predictions at all regarding other Corps, nor even for his former Corps. He specifically reserved his assessment to that of his former Corps being on schedule, or ahead of schedule  at this time compared to Boston 2017 only it seems to me. ( at least, thats  how I read his assessment remarks above today anyway ).

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 4

First show of the season Boston will need to be 2-3 pts better than Crown to actually beat them.  For better or worse judges heavily rely on the last season's rankings until a couple viewings are under their belt.

Crown

BC/Cavies toss up

Boston

Phantom

Blue Stars

• Like 1

I do believe that Judges  historically tend to score very conservatively at the opening first show. Its a marathon, not a sprint. But.... we'll see.

Edited by BRASSO

Boston

Bloo

Crown

Cavies

Blue Star

Phantom

• Like 2