2018 Predictions

44 minutes ago, trumpetcam said:

True, I was only referring to Opening Night. You are correct, except that BD placed 5th in 1991. If I had to place it right now for Finals I'd guess:

SCV

Crown

BD

Bluecoats

Boston

Cavaliers

BK

Cadets

Phantom

Blue Stars

Crossmen

Madison

Got it. That makes much more sense. (Still stand by my comment re SCV and/or DB always being in top 4 as SCV placed in 4th in 1991.)

1 hour ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I did and wasn't blown away.  "Finals aren't won in the lot" so lets also hear it on the move.  Now their bass drums are a different story.  Seabass is killing it.

I initial thoughts exactly!

4 hours ago, goodmello said:

Have you seen the video Flo posted of the Crossmen hornline?  Does your prediction still stand?  Just curious.

I never change my predictions.

But if it's any consolation, I have a terrible track record with my predictions.

(Also, I was very fond of Crossmen's show last year.)

Crown (could see them anywhere from 1-3, but with the competition so high, who knows what could happen. But I personally think they’ll stay in the top three. I have them in 1st right now)

BD (top 3 for sure, I don’t see them falling out of the top 2, though)

Cavs (I just have a feeling...with Kevin, this will be a much more well rounded corps. top three this year.)

SCV (total wildcard for me. I see them anywhere in the top four)

Bluecoats (I see them fixing their mistakes from last year, but the competition will be tight. I see them anywhere from 2-5)

BAC (another wildcard..but they can do top six, for sure. I see them right here sitting comfortably at 6th place)

• Like 1

Having spent the week with Boston last week, and comparing them to the 2017 BAC, I now see them actually winning in Detroit and ending up perhaps around 3rd at finals. All sections are much more mature this year...including the guard, which placed 3rd all three nights at Indy.  I know it's easy to dismiss me as a homer, but this corps doesn't feel like a 6th place corps to me.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, YoungMusician said:

Crown (could see them anywhere from 1-3, but with the competition so high, who knows what could happen. But I personally think they’ll stay in the top three. I have them in 1st right now)

BD (top 3 for sure, I don’t see them falling out of the top 2, though)

Cavs (I just have a feeling...with Kevin, this will be a much more well rounded corps. top three this year.)

SCV (total wildcard for me. I see them anywhere in the top four)

Bluecoats (I see them fixing their mistakes from last year, but the competition will be tight. I see them anywhere from 2-5)

BAC (another wildcard..but they can do top six, for sure. I see them right here sitting comfortably at 6th place)

Welcome to DCP... and thanks for sharing! Its really appreciated.. Its good to get predictions/ assessments/ comments from newer posters we have not heard from as of yet., imo. Enjoy your summer!.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

Some of this based on what I've seen and heard so far, others based on gut feeling and potentially a little bias lol.

1. Crown

2. SCV

3. BD

4. Bluecoats

5. Boston

6. Cavies

7. BK

8. Cadets

9. PR

10. Blue Stars

11. Academy

12. Madison

Edited by DasTuba

4 hours ago, craiga said:

Having spent the week with Boston last week, and comparing them to the 2017 BAC, I now see them actually winning in Detroit and ending up perhaps around 3rd at finals. All sections are much more mature this year...including the guard, which placed 3rd all three nights at Indy.  I know it's easy to dismiss me as a homer, but this corps doesn't feel like a 6th place corps to me.

I'll take things everyone says after seeing a group for 400 Alex. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I'll take things everyone says after seeing a group for 400 Alex. 

Agreed. So far we’ve heard that 6 out of last years top 7 have improved products and the other has 18 DCI titles soooo...

While improved brass, percussion and guard is great, we all know that show design is the deal breaker.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Agreed. So far we’ve heard that 6 out of last years top 7 have improved products and the other has 18 DCI titles soooo...

While improved brass, percussion and guard is great, we all know that show design is the deal breaker.

I think the deal breaker is whether they can they get totally clean by finals. BD, SCV and Crown did it last year. The rest all had issues at times.