2018 Predictions

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

Naming the show "Lizard bug thing" would be sort of awkward I guess.  Not all beasts are mammalian?

I guess not, to me the term "Beast" has always connoted a very large hairy animal, but hey why not interpret Godzilla to be a beast in a way.    The head gear should spring loose to be a tongue.  There is just a lot going on with it, and to me it is not very "Crown"  Which I think of as a classic sophistication look.

56 minutes ago, cadet93 said:

Have you guys seen the Crown uniform.......I saw a pic and um.......interesting.

The video reveal from Crown is much more flattering.  I saw the covert bathroom picture and that is not a good representation. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cadet93 said:

I guess not, to me the term "Beast" has always connoted a very large hairy animal, but hey why not interpret Godzilla to be a beast in a way.    The head gear should spring loose to be a tongue.  There is just a lot going on with it, and to me it is not very "Crown"  Which I think of as a classic sophistication look.

If they could figure it out to where the orange pieces was spring auctioned and flipped out when they put their heads down, that would be cool af.:babies: 

3 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

#LizardBugBand will look fine on the field.  Their actual reveal video shows a lot better how they fit together.  I bet it'll actually turn out looking like an awesome army of Lizard Bug things as they do their visual.  I can imagine the guard doing things like BAC did with Animal Farm and creeping us all out.  The drum finishes actually look good with the uniform behind them too.

how about #BugPantsBand

A few thoughts on the corps videos I've seen...

Carolina Crown is bringing a much more coherent package this year in terms of theme. The music and the visuals compliment each other very well. While I don't feel this show will win, it should win over fans and definitely not place lower than last year. The brass and percussion have a lot of room to grow musically, but this is to their benefit I believe. The extended use of trombones by members of the brass section will take a long time to sound as full as I would like, but fundamentally they are taking the right approach and will get there. The ballad has some really cool musical moments that I think will be perhaps controversial, but I really enjoy. 

I have only seen what I can assume is Blue Devils ballad, which is in a similar vein to last summer's spectacle of the season. I applaud them for continuing last years approach, and I hope to see a lot of great film noir elements in the final product. Music wise, not much to say, other than that they are stellar! 

The Cadets are doing very well at this point. Great arrangements, a much more experienced brass and percussion section, and some really effective moments all drum corps fans will surely enjoy. This is the show I am most excited about. Sensemaya is crazy difficult, probably the hardest thing I've seen on the field this summer. As a lot of you know, I was a huge fan last year of this corps and it looks like this year will be no different. 

Phantom Regiment is playing better than they have since 2013! Musically, the arrangements are much more cohesive. The props are really cool looking, I'm  excited to see how this show develops. 

Boston Crusaders never really had me hooked last year, which is strange considering how much of a fan of them I have been in the past. However, the last four minutes of this show give me a lot to be excited about! 

Blue Knights are playing a very demanding show, and are sounding great. No one should be concerned about the new brass staff, they are incredibly qualified and the students seem to be really excited about this year. While I haven't seen any drill yet, musically this one will be very enjoyable. 

The Academy had the hardest show on the field in my book last year. This year they have stepped it up with not necessarily a whole lot less demand, but better pacing of it throughout the show. They are surely a finals contender.  

1 hour ago, ForTheCommonGood said:

A few thoughts on the corps videos I've seen...

Carolina Crown is bringing a much more coherent package this year in terms of theme. The music and the visuals compliment each other very well. While I don't feel this show will win, it should win over fans and definitely not place lower than last year. The brass and percussion have a lot of room to grow musically, but this is to their benefit I believe. The extended use of trombones by members of the brass section will take a long time to sound as full as I would like, but fundamentally they are taking the right approach and will get there. The ballad has some really cool musical moments that I think will be perhaps controversial, but I really enjoy

I have only seen what I can assume is Blue Devils ballad, which is in a similar vein to last summer's spectacle of the season. I applaud them for continuing last years approach, and I hope to see a lot of great film noir elements in the final product. Music wise, not much to say, other than that they are stellar! 

The Cadets are doing very well at this point. Great arrangements, a much more experienced brass and percussion section, and some really effective moments all drum corps fans will surely enjoy. This is the show I am most excited about. Sensemaya is crazy difficult, probably the hardest thing I've seen on the field this summer. As a lot of you know, I was a huge fan last year of this corps and it looks like this year will be no different. 

Phantom Regiment is playing better than they have since 2013! Musically, the arrangements are much more cohesive. The props are really cool looking, I'm  excited to see how this show develops. 

Boston Crusaders never really had me hooked last year, which is strange considering how much of a fan of them I have been in the past. However, the last four minutes of this show give me a lot to be excited about! 

Blue Knights are playing a very demanding show, and are sounding great. No one should be concerned about the new brass staff, they are incredibly qualified and the students seem to be really excited about this year. While I haven't seen any drill yet, musically this one will be very enjoyable. 

The Academy had the hardest show on the field in my book last year. This year they have stepped it up with not necessarily a whole lot less demand, but better pacing of it throughout the show. They are surely a finals contender.  

Crown has never been controversial (to me). I have loved almost every one of their shows since 2007, and even though I haven't seen them yet this year, I am sure I'll still love it. 

1 hour ago, 2000Cadet said:

Crown has never been controversial (to me). I have loved almost every one of their shows since 2007, and even though I haven't seen them yet this year, I am sure I'll still love it. 

I'm sure someone will try to start it up as a controversial topic. There's always that one person. Lol.