2018 Predictions

13 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Ummm....yes. 

I don't know how anyone in their right mind can think the Cadets could finish top 6 this year. They were a whopping 1.2875 from 6th place, and a massive 3.525 from 4th place last year. <sarcasm off>

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I don't know how anyone in their right mind can think the Cadets could finish top 6 this year. They were a whopping 1.2875 from 6th place, and a massive 3.525 from 4th place last year. <sarcasm off>

Top 6, that could be tough, and if the former director was still at the helm, I would have placed them lower than 7th, probably closer to 10th. Tensions were really high even without the revelations. When the director left I still did not expect they’d place in the top 6, but I began to think Cadets would not loose ground which alone is a huge accomplishment. However, we can’t use last year’s scores to determine this year’s success. It was a show that had potential, did find an audience, though hardly the size Cadets would have in other years, but someone no longer involved turned it into a major hot mess that only got messier as the season went on. That is unlikely to happen this year. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tim K said:

Top 6, that could be tough, and if the former director was still at the helm, I would have placed them lower than 7th, probably closer to 10th. Tensions were really high even without the revelations. When the director left I still did not expect they’d place in the top 6, but I began to think Cadets would not loose ground which alone is a huge accomplishment. However, we can’t use last year’s scores to determine this year’s success. It was a show that had potential, did find an audience, though hardly the size Cadets would have in other years, but someone no longer involved turned it into a major hot mess that only got messier as the season went on. That is unlikely to happen this year. 

No, we cannot use last year's scores to determine this year's success. I was just illustrating that they were almost 6th last year and not too far from fourth, so it wouldn't be entirely shocking at all if they finished 4th - 6th this year. I agree, if GH had stayed I would have had them lower myself. Last year's show, IMO, had potential in the beginning of the season, but it was destroyed by all the changes, the cheap useless props, and the beating us over the head with the theme. I felt the same in 2015 - completely destroyed when they went to the black uniforms. The show came off so much better with the maroon uniforms. GH had lost his touch.

Edited by queenanne_1536

10 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

GH had lost his touch.

Not according to resent reports. 

That Crossmen clip...it wasn't as difficult as Crown did it but still some nice runs in there and double tonguing but still.sounds really good for anyone this point in the season. It even had some semblance of being in tune, which to me,.is the biggest thing. If you can get stuff in tune early, then you'd be able to listen for it when you're marching, and be able.to.improve on that, but if you can't play in tune in unison standing still, then ur gonna have a hard time...

So yeah, that sounds like they're coming out swinging bigger gloves. We'll see what happens! 

What sucks about it,.to me, is that a 12th place Corps might still be only around 85-86 pts and 7th around 91-92 when I really feel there is much more parity in groups 7th-12th than Finals scores would suggest. But this is because raw score judements are subjective, meaningless, and almost on a bell curve.