2018 Predictions

1 hour ago, Incognito365 said:

Concerning the BAC/Cadets 2016 talent level, I have to say that the one time I got to see them both live at the same show, Cadets seemed to have a higher talent level than BAC, and that's not due to design. Any musician can take a song and make it great. BAC however, did not in 2016. 

wait... are you saying that quixotic presented the same level opportunities for the members to succeed musically and visually that awakening did? and that the staff were of equal level? it sounds like you're saying that the talent from the members of each respective show were equal but that the talent didn't apply itself as much to quixotic as to awakening. because if that's what you're saying BOY do i have some news for you.

1 hour ago, Incognito365 said:

Someones gif game is ON POINT tonight! Lmao

and as for a gif to go with my misunderstanding/inability to comprehend what i think you might be saying...

giphy.gif

EDIT: btw my final preseason predictions will be up sometime saturday night (wish i could wait til like thursday morning to get all the info i can, but i'll be travelling from sunday til friday morning - won't be able to see the season opener because of it... :unhappy:) packed with explanations for each slot. and for my mike greeneberg tease: coming up, i'll tell you why the back half of the finalists will be even more of a toss-up than the front half...

Edited by brassdude6171
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Brass Lover said:

Let's just end this argument right here, as neither side has any possible way to objectively back up their statements. Boston beat Cadets in 2017. Get over it. It's time to move on and focus on this upcoming season.

Wasn't arguing.

• Like 1

Well. Now that someone has leaked that Crossmen clip, that's cheating. Now nobody can make predictions. It's like insider trading.

If I wanted to break my own rules, I'd revise my 10th place prediction with a darkhorse for 8th, to a 10th place prediction and no higher. The first 4mins failed to hold my attention much. 

I saw a clip of Academy and same thing. 

Keep the clips coming so I can see how wrong my predictions are way ahead of time. 

Btw I hate peeking. Or opening presents early. 

EDIT:

I peeked again and heard BC show in one of the other threads. I was wrong. They're not a fluke. They sound fantastic. 70% chance they stay 6th, 10% 5th and 20% 7th. Sorry Blue Stars :( 

Edited by BoyWonder1911
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

From what I saw, thus far, I think the Crossmen and Regiment will being duking it out for that 9th place spot. The fight for 11th, 12th, and who finishes in 13th will be with the Blue Stars, Madison Scouts, and Mandarins. I'll admit, based on what I saw, the Blue Stars could be in trouble of just missing finals this year. I haven't heard anything from down I-90, yet, and I haven't heard nor seen any clips from the Mandarins. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

From what I saw, thus far, I think the Crossmen and Regiment will being duking it out for that 9th place spot. The fight for 11th, 12th, and who finishes in 13th will be with the Blue Stars, Madison Scouts, and Mandarins. I'll admit, based on what I saw, the Blue Stars could be in trouble of just missing finals this year. I haven't heard anything from down I-90, yet, and I haven't heard nor seen any clips from the Mandarins. 

Share these Blue stars videos you have. You've been telling their demise for 2 weeks! Sharing is caring. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

Crossmen trivia:  15 years ago (2003) was the last time they came in 9th.

If Crossmen and Phantom are duking it out, it will be happening immediately.  They are head-to-head in many of the early season shows.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

Someones gif game is ON POINT tonight! Lmao. 

Concerning the BAC/Cadets 2016 talent level, I have to say that the one time I got to see them both live at the same show, Cadets seemed to have a higher talent level than BAC, and that's not due to design. Any musician can take a song and make it great. BAC however, did not in 2016. As for 2017, a staff member can take corps members with them easily. See Crown/BAC 2017. I believe that is what happened. Gotta love poachers. They're not just in the Sahara, they're in our own backyards. Lol. Now, let the hate begin because I used the word "poachers", but please come up with something that wasn't used as a comeback last year. Reading stuff twice is no fun. :guinesssmilie:

My recollection from conversations I had with some BAC volunteers prior to the beginning of the 2016 season is that there were many rookies in the corps and young rookies at that. Their hope was that the rookies would stay and progress as the corps progressed in years to come. I would say these folks assumed “Quixotic” might realistically place between 7-9 as I did prior to the beginning of the season.

i cannot remember any conversations at the early season shows about the talent of the kids in BAC being equal to the Cadets, nor did I hear any such comparisons sitting with BAC alums in Allentown when news of the Gino/Colin departure began to surface or in Indy. I did hear BAC alums and volunteers state they should have been placing higher than Madison and Crossmen. There was some disbelief Academy might push them out of finals. There was lots of chatter that the show had potential but at certain points it was designed poorly and that the corps did not face the audience at high impact moments. Some critiqued the narration and inclusion of music other than “Man of La Mancha” which kept it from being the audience favorite.

Keep in mind my connections with BAC folks is primarily alums who may volunteer when the corps is in town, or longtime fans, I do know a few board members but they know me from outside of drum corps. I know none of the instructors personally and a casual conversation would never turn into a conversation about  compatative talent, do I’m not saying the comparisons were not made, but it was not the main topic in the stands and I can’t say I recall it on DCP either.

Honestly, I much preferred the Crossmen show last season.  I can see them taking 12-13... yes, 13.  Not seeing anything from Madison, Mandarins, Colts, Academy, or Blue Stars, who knows what Crossmen are up against.

As far as Phantom, if their visuals lack, I could see them in the same boat.

Just my thoughts.