Boston Crusaders

Bluecoats

Cadets

Blue Knights

Crossmen

Phantom Regiment

Blue Stars

Madison Scouts

i have to make an apology. i had the bluecoats 6th going in... this was maybe my worst prediction in anything ever. i had no idea that session 44 would turn out to be maybe the most well-put together complete packages in a program i've seen. it's impossible for me to not smile at any point during the show, the performers are already killing it, and the visual/musical package is breathtaking, saro and the closer especially. i cannot wait to see where this program goes, and cannot wait to see it live in august. i have to say my favorite moment for the time being takes place in the growth toward the climax of saro when the lead trumpets carry their chairs over to right in front of samuel, sit down in them, and play a rushing line that leads into a beautiful high note that cuts through the rest of the sound in the most perfect way. i love this show. i think it'll end up being the highest placing show to not come out of california - that being 3rd behind vanguard and blue devils in some order.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brassdude6171 said:

i have to make an apology. i had the bluecoats 6th going in... this was maybe my worst prediction in anything ever. i had no idea that session 44 would turn out to be maybe the most well-put together complete packages in a program i've seen. it's impossible for me to not smile at any point during the show, the performers are already killing it, and the visual/musical package is breathtaking, saro and the closer especially. i cannot wait to see where this program goes, and cannot wait to see it live in august. i have to say my favorite moment for the time being takes place in the growth toward the climax of saro when the lead trumpets carry their chairs over to right in front of samuel, sit down in them, and play a rushing line that leads into a beautiful high note that cuts through the rest of the sound in the most perfect way. i love this show. i think it'll end up being the highest placing show to not come out of california - that being 3rd behind vanguard and blue devils in some order.

20 push ups and we will forget the whole thing. 

• Haha 1

Maybe the most fun thing about all the secretive corps + copyright concerns is that we see less and less media before the season starts. Used to be in Jan or Feb there would be a ton of stuff to latch to... now our predictions tend to be based off of intuition and trends from the prior year as apposed to what’s real. Makes it fun and keeps us guessing. Still wish the copyright stuff would be resolved to allow more open educational viewing but oh well, another topic another day

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wesleyrp said:

Maybe the most fun thing about all the secretive corps + copyright concerns is that we see less and less media before the season starts. ... now our predictions tend to be based off of intuition and trends from the prior year as apposed to what’s real. 

Don't feel bad, maybe the judges feel the same way in the early going too, Wes.

• Like 1

Blue Devils are going to take it again. There’s just too much visual and GE horsepower for anyone else to overcome. Their guard is going to be legendary by finals.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, wallace said:

Blue Devils are going to take it again. There’s just too much visual and GE horsepower for anyone else to overcome. Their guard is going to be legendary by finals.

Well, nowadays in DCI, if you want to select a section thats your best performing section in your Corps, clearly, make it your Guard. And by all means, no matter how strong you might be in Percussion/ Brass, don't have Guard your Corps weakest section among the 3 sections.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Well, nowadays in DCI, if you want to select a section thats your best performing section in your Corps, clearly, make it your Guard. And by all means, no matter how strong you might be in Percussion/ Brass, don't have Guard your Corps weakest section.

I agree, and add the fact their brass is top 2 easily. I think their percussion is the weakest, but that’s just splitting hairs on my part. There may be a spread between one and two by finals.

8 minutes ago, wallace said:

I agree, and add the fact their brass is top 2 easily. I think their percussion is the weakest, but that’s just splitting hairs on my part. There may be a spread between one and two by finals.

I don't know about this. BD might be phenomenal for the 1st week of the season. But they always are. I'll wait until Atlanta/  San Antonio before they start measuring their MM's for ring sizes. Even then it might be too early. Cadets won the Regionals in July, then finished 4th come August a couple of seasons back. But sure, its a given that BD will be getting a DCI  medal of some sort these days now. Its just a matter of whether its a gold, silver, or bronze.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1