2018 Predictions

14 hours ago, flammaster said:

BDB has the best hornline of theirs ever and this years drumline will definitely win open class. As far as how close to top 12 they go I am not sure.

Ya, BDB really has strong competition to be a top 12 contender.  Even if, my opinions on THAT subject would definitely have to go in a different thread! ha

2 hours ago, goodmello said:

Ya, BDB really has strong competition to be a top 12 contender.  Even if, my opinions on THAT subject would definitely have to go in a different thread! ha

That was the chatter before the 2017 season and didn't live up to that hype.

They were great in 2017, but not what many people predicted.

2 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

That was the chatter before the 2017 season and didn't live up to that hype.

They were great in 2017, but not what many people predicted.

Ya, they had a great 2016, but I personally didn't think they did as well as they placed.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

Underestimate Cavaliers and Boston to your peril. Both have top lines: brass, guard, and percussion.... It's going to be some heads turning for them this summer for sure.

So does BD, SCV, Crown and Bluecoats.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

Very True, BUT so do the others in front of them, as of now anyway. It's not about being great or even better than you were last year. It's very much about someone NOT living up to themselves of the past.

Just ask some of those poor corps who do everything right, fight years for finals and still don't make it. It's even tighter at the top.

So true... and comparing corps from different years is worse than comparing scores from different shows.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

So does BD, SCV, Crown and Bluecoats.

Nothing would be cooler than to see the entire top 6 yo yo in placement the whole season....but BD isn't going to drop below 2nd and one maybe two of the other above corps are going to step up to compete with them in scores...and while I think Boston and the cavies could be medal contenders...I doubt it's gold this year.

1 hour ago, ThePlanets said:

Nothing would be cooler than to see the entire top 6 yo yo in placement the whole season....but BD isn't going to drop below 2nd and one maybe two of the other above corps are going to step up to compete with them in scores...and while I think Boston and the cavies could be medal contenders...I doubt it's gold this year.

If you told me the Cavies would have placed 8th at the start of the 2012, I would have laughed. There will come a time when BD isn't in the top 2, or even top 3 or 4. Will it be this year? Who knows.

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 2

According to what is in public print out West for this weekend, this definitely portends to be a most interesting season...

". The 18-time World Champion Concord Blue Devils young Corps will march to ..."

(Bay Area Kidsfest announcement concerning entertainment at this weekend's festival.):unsure: