In The News – Drum Corps Chairman Resigns Amid Scrutiny Of His Hiring Of Disgraced Teacher

7 hours ago, Amil Muzz said:

2. When it came to speaking to Mgt. about concerns with the situation staff members (2012) were told "it was none of our business and you can leave if its a problem for you."

Thank you Jason for being brave enough to step away from the screen name and tell us first hand. Answers some questions I had about who knew what inside the corps.

Quoted #2 as totally unfrigging believable. I believe you, I find it unbelievable and unacceptable that a head would run things this way. Wonder if this carried over in DCI.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, skevinp said:

I don't know.  To me, this thread has been more of a demonstration that people care more about bashing other people on DCP than trying to solve the important problems that DCI faces.  

You oughta read closer then 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, skevinp said:

I don't know.  To me, this thread has been more of a demonstration that people care more about bashing other people on DCP than trying to solve the important problems that DCI faces.  

Well said sir!

8 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I thought that the Inquirer article said that just a week earlier, Moody had told Genesis's director, Chris Magonigal, that he would be touring with Crossmen this summer.

IIRC, Moody said he expected to be on tour this summer... but did not specify with which corps, or in what role.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Quoted #2 as totally unfrigging believable. I believe you, I find it unbelievable and unacceptable that a head would run things this way. Wonder if this carried over in DCI.

I am not surre I found this #2 statement unbelievable. Morrison made the decision to hire Moody. When he was hired staff raised their concerns. Fred had already decided to give Joel the second chance so the likely hood of these corns being heard was slim. He was the boss. He made the decision. And he expected people to accept the decision or move on. I see this every day (with certainly lesson important issues). I am not condoning he decision. I just understand how in the initial period this would go. What we don't know is what would he have done 5 years later if these issues were brought to him? What we do now is those with concerns did not feel they could come to him (per the article).

5 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

I am not surre I found this #2 statement unbelievable. Morrison made the decision to hire Moody. When he was hired staff raised their concerns. Fred had already decided to give Joel the second chance so the likely hood of these corns being heard was slim. He was the boss. He made the decision. And he expected people to accept the decision or move on. I see this every day (with certainly lesson important issues). I am not condoning he decision. I just understand how in the initial period this would go. What we don't know is what would he have done 5 years later if these issues were brought to him? What we do now is those with concerns did not feel they could come to him (per the article).

I didn’t read it as I make the final decision and accept it or leave. I read it as there will be no discussion and if you want to talk about it leave. The no discussion is unacceptable to me.

Only Emil knows the correct reading of this as he was there...

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I mentioned this before - what makes Moody so special that he warrants this kind of consideration?  I don’t know him, but Fred had to know this hiring would be controversial, if people realized Moody’s background.  Maybe that’s what Fred was counting on, that no one would find out his history (which would be incredibly naive nonetheless).

What does Moody bring to the table that others without the tainted history could not have?

Fred easily should have had the foresight to realize that this move would put him and the corps in a bad position, and yet he did it anyway.  So he either didn’t care about the consequences, or didn’t realize all this would happen.  Either way is bad.

What makes Moody so special to warrant all of this?