How Far Is Too Far?

3 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Being proactive, is WAY better than being reactive, imo

DCI apparently is not taking a " can't hurt " approach to this regarding new policies and procedures to lessen the risks to the entire DCI activity.. They appear ready to put the hammer down on those who even think of hiring or retaining those that have had prior episodes of abusing their trusted positions by having had  sexual misconduct episodes with the young. Maybe its just mere words though, who knows. But I'm optimistic that they mean business. But.. of course.. only time will really tell.

Oh, I agree. I think they are doing a good job in a very highly charged atmosphere in a very short timeframe. 

34 minutes ago, MikeD said:

It can't hurt to make it a DCI-wide policy...probably  good idea to make sure it is there in writing. I'm just not sure how much different things would be then they were prior to all of this, that is all. 

Some WC corps directors disagree with the "central policy" approach because such mandates have been largely ignored by the corps directors in the past, and because the stink of one violation colors the entire activity, whereas, with a disparate individual-corps policy, a single infraction (like the Cadets) keeps the accusations limited to the accused.

4 minutes ago, garfield said:

Some WC corps directors disagree with the "central policy" approach because such mandates have been largely ignored by the corps directors in the past, and because the stink of one violation colors the entire activity, whereas, with a disparate individual-corps policy, a single infraction (like the Cadets) keeps the accusations limited to the accused.

I do think that each corps needs to have a stated policy...and I am thinking they probably do. 

1 hour ago, garfield said:

Nope.

And Morrison didn't fire Moody: "Morrison, in an email to parents on Tuesday, said Moody had resigned his position on May 1."

Yeah, that's what he said. I'm not sure I believe it. 

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

However, as we can readily see, even the Crossmen's actions unmistakably told us with those actions that they agreed that he was a bad hire in retrospect. Mooney was removed post haste when the outside media brought his hire and retention to the public.

I snipped the rest out to respond to just this:

They didn't think he was a bad hire to begin with, they did it to Cover Their ###. Resigning took the onus off of Bones management to make that call.

Edited by Jeff Ream

17 minutes ago, garfield said:

Sorry, Brasho, I thought we were talking about a guy named Moody.

Moody I meant. ( but you knew that )

16 minutes ago, garfield said:

several WC directors have proven the fox does a lousy job of guarding the hen house too.

14 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

They didn't think he was a bad hire to begin with, they did it to Cover Their ###

If they thought he was a good hire, they'd have kept him on, and justfied Moody's hire and retention there for years and years. Instead, this bad hire and bad retention of Moody's came back to bite them in the azz. The Crossmen essentially rolled the dice on this guy... and ultimately lost big time. And the embarrassment of the hire and retention of this Moody wound up a huge national embarrassment to the entire DCI community itself. The departure of Moody became of course a CYA action as well. but it was the HIRE back in 2010 of Moody that set in motion where the Crossmen and DCI finds itself today, make no mistake about it. If KNOWN  former sexual predators with histories like his were not HIRED in the first place, then the name of Moody could never be misspelled by me, nor more importantly,  ever become the hire and retention embarrassment that he has ultimately become to the Crossmen and to the entire DCI community itself today..

Edited by BRASSO

10 minutes ago, seen-it-all said:

Note to mods:

As OP, I'd prefer that the discussion remain on topic. There is already a thread devoted to all things Morrison/Moody, no need to rehash every single detail here.

I agree. Morrison/ Moody was brought into this thread discussion ( by a DCP mod no less ) and is probably not germaine to the more generalized questions for us by the OP. I read the OP's initial comment above in detail, and he does not refer to any persons in DCI at all actually. He asks us for our general observations and assessments moving forward here on what DCI might consider, and what we deem proper, or perhaps going to far... in general terms, not named persons.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Thanks 1