Sign in to follow this  
DCP NewsFeed

Innovations In Brass: Pittsburgh moves To Moon Area High School

Recommended Posts

Due to emergency construction at Gateway High School’s Antimarino Stadium in Monroeville, Pennsylvania, Innovations in Brass: Pittsburgh on Thursday, June 28th at 7:30pm will move to Tiger Stadium at Moon Area High School in Caraopolis, Pennsylvania. Innovations in Brass: Pittsburgh, operated by Bluecoats from Canton, Ohio, will feature six of the world’s best Drum Corps […]

View the full article

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just updating my own person calendar and saw this location ... do they realize that they picked a school whose stadium is approximately 1 mile from the runways of Pittsburgh International Airport?   The Chester, PA show is about 8 miles south of the Philly airport, and it gets a handful of planes coming over during the evening which as you can imagine are not helpful to the fan's enjoyment.  I have to think this location, being only a mile away, will be even worse.

Edited by Eleran

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Eleran said:

I was just updating my own person calendar and saw this location ... do they realize that they picked a school whose stadium is approximately 1 mile from the runways of Pittsburgh International Airport?   The Chester, PA show is about 8 miles south of the Philly airport, and it gets a handful of planes coming over during the evening which as you can imagine are not helpful to the fan's enjoyment.  I have to think this location, being only a mile away, will be even worse.

that's known as "masking the tics."
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eleran said:

I was just updating my own person calendar and saw this location ... do they realize that they picked a school whose stadium is approximately 1 mile from the runways of Pittsburgh International Airport?   The Chester, PA show is about 8 miles south of the Philly airport, and it gets a handful of planes coming over during the evening which as you can imagine are not helpful to the fan's enjoyment.  I have to think this location, being only a mile away, will be even worse.

might be some noise but probably no more bothersome than the constant Turnpike/Parkway East traffic about a half mile away from Gateway 's stadium.

Moon's stadium is 1mile north of PIT and not on the commercial approach/departure paths run - always thought it would be a good place to hold a show.  we'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moon should be ok. Gateway was a good place too, didnt know it was being ripped up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, JohnZ said:

might be some noise but probably no more bothersome than the constant Turnpike/Parkway East traffic about a half mile away from Gateway 's stadium.

Moon's stadium is 1mile north of PIT and not on the commercial approach/departure paths run - always thought it would be a good place to hold a show.  we'll see.

Hope it works out well.  How big is the crowd for Pittsburgh show usually?   If they were going to use that vicinity anyway,  do you think Robert Morris University was a possibility?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Eleran said:

Hope it works out well.  How big is the crowd for Pittsburgh show usually?   If they were going to use that vicinity anyway,  do you think Robert Morris University was a possibility?

RMU's stadium looks like a nice venue, but it's a private college campus compared to a public high school, so it may have been more cost prohibitive given the situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RMU is my alma mater, but back then it was RMC and there was no football or stadium.....runs in my mind that stadium is smaller and lower than Moon .  Its been years since I've been to a show up there but Pittsburgh is usually very well attended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Eleran said:

I was just updating my own person calendar and saw this location ... do they realize that they picked a school whose stadium is approximately 1 mile from the runways of Pittsburgh International Airport?   The Chester, PA show is about 8 miles south of the Philly airport, and it gets a handful of planes coming over during the evening which as you can imagine are not helpful to the fan's enjoyment.  I have to think this location, being only a mile away, will be even worse.

Then again Giants' Stadium/Jets' Stadium/the Meadowlands/resting place of Jimmy Hoffa, etc. is the doorway to Newark, NJ and Liberty Airport.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.