DCI HoF determination on Hopkins delayed unit at least September

Thank you Mingus. 

Another optics problem for DCI. The boat is springing leaks all over the place. They either don't really care, or are not sufficiently nimble to act quickly on something like this. You mean to tell me you can't schedule a conference call of the HOF committee volunteers and get this taken care of ......well before September?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Well....the directors are kind of focused on the season that starts in a few weeks right now. And with all of the other fires out there, it may not be top of mind.

Chatted with Tricia today. I'll be honest, I expressed some of the skepticism of her motives that has been stated here and elsewhere to her upfront, and she gets it. The activity has her intrigued on multiple levels, and she is not looking to bring "DCI DOWN". She like many of us, was horrified with what she heard, the action or inaction of others over the years, and wants to help root out the bad guys and get everything to run better. We joked that despite all of the complaints on DCP in it's 16 year history, and RAMD before that, her work and that of Jacci Ferris has done more good for drum corps than anything we've said on here, even with me leaking the G7 stuff in 2010. She's welcome to pre-game at a show with me anytime she wants

Glad to see you had discussed that with her, because I also thought she had a different agenda. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2000Cadet said:

Glad to see you had discussed that with her, because I also thought she had a different agenda. 

well...you know me.....hell i was born due to a relationship that started at a drum corps event! I'm the activitys most vocal critic at times, and i can tell you at the 2010 DCI HOF ceremony as many names avoided me or cursed me under their breath as as many thanked me for leaking the G7 stuff. And I didn't care....i heard a great speech or three and had some free drinks. Oh and I keep records.

So if I see her going off topic or out of bounds, I have no problem calling her out. The more she has learned about all of this, the more her mind is blown...the good and the bad. And we've all said good news doesn't sell papers, but when she has learned good things that have been done after the horrible stuff came out, she's been quick to get it out there. The most telling this as we have speculated on here is how many people WON'T talk to her even off the record. That the Genesis guys did blew her mind. I made the joke it's easier to get mafia guys to talk and she agreed!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I spoke with Tricia yesterday. She gets it. She also understands that changing the culture starts with changing minds and in some cases changing people. Apologist and boot licking sycophants are to be expected when there are livelihoods involved. 

I’m not bothered by the delay, prefer they get it correct as opposed to some half measure. Hoppy being in the Hall of Fame for a few more months is pretty irrelevant as is the HOF in general as it’s seem to be mainly resume fodder.

Tricia most certainly has another agenda, getting paid and getting clicks. She stumbled into a loyal, niche activity and is using that loyalty to promote her career because she knows they will follow her every word. *Click*. To be expected as its the nature of the best. I’m not saying this to be unfair but when talking about quality journalism to ignore it and pretend otherwise, insults me.  Anyone sniff out her social media history and see how this story is spiking for her as a context? Altruistic journalism has been dead for a long time, even if it ever exited; Watergate helped put the nail in the coffin. But anyway, overall,  she is doing an OK job, a little sloppy and would it hurt to reference the Chicago Manuel of Style a few times or perhaps gift it to her editors?

• Thanks 1

This delay seems reasonable. They want to put in a consistent policy for how membership is revoked, but it's more important to focus on (1) making sure harassment policies are in place and being followed and (2) all the logistic of the season.