DCI HoF determination on Hopkins delayed unit at least September

1 minute ago, GUARDLING said:

. Kids today could care less either way. Especially in Drum Corps, winterguard, etc etc. I can safely say throughout the activity. Also there can be many sides to any accusations if made.  not just what's obvious to many.

Possibly. I don't know. If so, that's a change for the better if you're spot on.

Just now, BigW said:

Possibly. I don't know. If so, that's a change for the better if you're spot on.

been like that quite a while. I have gone to 3 same sex marriages in the past 2 years and it was celebrated by many within their corps, guards, bands etc.

44 minutes ago, Kamarag said:

I'm going to file this under "Who the hell cares?" It's not like there's a hall of busts in a museum that millions visit on a yearly basis, it's a photo on wall and a list on a website. They'll get rid of him eventually, as they should, but I'm really struggling to figure out why this is such a hit-button issue for some folks when there are way more important things to be doing.

I know where you're coming from. My guess is in part because the Crossmen didn't fool around about it with theirs. That went by so fast it snapped a few necks.

1 minute ago, GUARDLING said:

been like that quite a while. I have gone to 3 same sex marriages in the past 2 years and it was celebrated by many within their corps, guards, bands etc.

Nod. Know someone in the activity who got married/same-sex recently and I saw he's been happier than I've ever known him as a result. A great thing.

• Like 1

Just now, BigW said:

Nod. Know someone in the activity who got married/same-sex recently and I saw he's been happier than I've ever known him as a result. A great thing.

I actually sent a gift recently to 2 males that got married and just adopted a baby. But there was a big drum corps baby shower I couldn't attend. Not the same world we grew up in. AS far as this , THANKFULLY

• Thanks 1

The engagement level of Tricia's tweets is far from overwhelming. If there is no article linked (like the one in this thread) she is going to get less than 20 Likes and maybe as many retweets. 

What kind of "clicks" do you think she is getting on tweets?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

The engagement level of Tricia's tweets is far from overwhelming. If there is no article linked (like the one in this thread) she is going to get less than 20 Likes and maybe as many retweets. 

What kind of "clicks" do you think she is getting on tweets?

It’s the same people, too.  One is a victim.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Yep waiting for DCI to write rules about male on female harassment and nothing else. Always one of the gotcha questions in training is how many types are there.

And check yellow journalism from years back. Supposedly real cause of Spanish American War was Hearst and Pulitzer going for readership.

Hah!  I was wondering who would be the first person to mention William Randolph Hearst. You win. Rosebud!

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, BigW said:

I know where you're coming from. My guess is in part because the Crossmen didn't fool around about it with theirs. That went by so fast it snapped a few necks.

let's be honest....there was a large segment of the Crossmen family that didn't want him in at all. Many pre-YEA years Crossmen alums viewed him in less than favorable light. hence the nickname You Eat After

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

let's be honest....there was a large segment of the Crossmen family that didn't want him in at all. Many pre-YEA years Crossmen alums viewed him in less than favorable light. hence the nickname You Eat After

True. Still, the decision to do so was insanely quick regardless.