DCI HoF determination on Hopkins delayed unit at least September

5 minutes ago, Tim K said:

If he purchased a ticket, no, but DCI honoring a pass DCI issued is another matter. DCI could deny entrance, he could sue, but I don’t think he’d win.

well to be honest, DCI has never announced any kind of ban to the masses. There may be an internal one

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

Just so I understand.

Is there currently a process to revoke someone's HOF membership or not ? 

No.  No one has yet been removed from the DCI hall of fame, and there is no established process by which to do so.

• Thanks 2

If they do can we remove all the changes he implemented over his career because of the taint that will have surrounded them? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

No.  No one has yet been removed from the DCI hall of fame, and there is no established process by which to do so.

Thanks

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Yes it is. They met. And took no action. They could have. They instead kicked the can down the road with procedural excuses. 

The HOF committee, from what I read, is only empowered to collect nominations and supporting documentation.  The committee does not decide who gets in (or out) - never has.  

Voting for who gets into the HOF is done by the current HOF members and DCI corps directors.

If you think DCI should have addressed the HOF issue in an expedited manner... join the club.  But just because it is slower than we would like, does not make it either "delay" or "inaction".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Tim K said:

Is the pass for all shows, or just DCI sponsored shoes such as Atlanta, San Antonio, Allentown, Michigan City, and Indy? 

I’ve only seen them in Indy. You could bring in a suitcase full of explosives if you’re wearing one of those. The ushers wave them right on through like royalty. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

The HOF committee, from what I read, is only empowered to collect nominations and supporting documentation.  The committee does not decide who gets in (or out) - never has.  

Voting for who gets into the HOF is done by the current HOF members and DCI corps directors.

If you think DCI should have addressed the HOF issue in an expedited manner... join the club.  But just because it is slower than we would like, does not make it either "delay" or "inaction".

In the eyes of the public, such as people reading the Inquirer, it is inaction. So, we'll just agree to disagree on this one. How was it possible for Crossmen to act to remove GH from their HOF but not DCI?  I won't buy the "it's too hard" excuse. Do you think, in the end, there is any chance at all, any chance more than zero percent, that he won't be removed from the HOF?  Then get to it. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

In the eyes of the public, such as people reading the Inquirer, it is inaction. So, we'll just agree to disagree on this one. How was it possible for Crossmen to act to remove GH from their HOF but not DCI?  I won't buy the "it's too hard" excuse. Do you think, in the end, there is any chance at all, any chance more than zero percent, that he won't be removed from the HOF?  Then get to it. 

Crossmen alumni's rules may be different. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

I agree it looks like inaction. I've been on Hall of Fame Committees before for a Catholic high school and grammar school, and I don't think I've ever seen a procedure for removing someone, but the head of school would have that authority. A Hall of Fame is supposed to bring honor and credibility to an organization and anything that would hurt that reputation has to be taken seriously. Granted, with the two organizations I've been involved with, there was never a reason to remove anyone. However, being a member of a Hall of Fame is a privilege and honor, not a right. My thought is that it was run by legal counsel who recommended waiting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1