Your favorite All-Time DCI Year

Hello everyone, I wanted to help pass some time between now wand when the season starts up next month by asking a question I haven't seen posed in a long time. (I may have missed a thread about it though, I stalk these forums quite frequently but don't comment nearly as much as I should)

My question is, what is your favorite DCI year? Whether it was the quality of the shows, the stiff competition, the backs and forths on the sheets, a year you marched and just loved, whatever it is, what do you consider to be DCI's best year?

For me, I feel somewhat objectively that 2008 was the best year DCI has seen in a looooong time. Phantom being up at the top and overtaking BD was a huge moment for the Corps. However, almost every single show that year was a show I genuinely enjoyed. Crown had one of the highest scoring 4th place shows ever, Cavies performed the heck out of a great themed show, Cadets did, well Cadet things, and the rest of them I really felt just all did such a great job. 

What is your favorite year/what do you think has been the overall best year for DCI?

Another thing that made 2008 great was that it was the last outdoor finals. The announcement of 2nd place was the loudest crowd response I have ever heard at a corps show.

Favorite years by theme are 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2011.

Favorite year period would have to go to 2007 when I went to my first live show. 

These are always going to come down to whatever decade you were exposed to or most involved in drum corps.

I say 88.  Madison's win.  Loved the SkyRyders show.  Sun Coast, etc.

2008 and 2015 off the top of my head. Tons of amazing shows and great competition.

Man... impossible for me to narrow it down to one year.  LOL.

2007 and '08 come to mind. '07 for that great Top Seven.... '08 for what the earlier poster said, the incredible championship-week run by Phantom Regiment... creeping up, creeping up, and then WHAM on Finals night.

1995. Especially Madison Scouts, Cadets, and Bluecoats. Cavaliers weren't exactly shabby, either. :laughing:

1980.   A great top 12. Every corps unique, all of them entertaining. 

2014. Bluecoats' "Tilt"... Cadets' Americana show (I know... disliked by many, but I loved it...LOL) ... and topping it all, the overwhelming performance level of the Blue Devils, with a more "fan-friendly" show from them, IMO.  I'm been around the activity since 1967.... and 2014 BD is the best drum corps I've ever seen.

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

2007 and '08 come to mind. '07 for that great Top Seven.... '08 for what the earlier poster said, the incredible championship-week run by Phantom Regiment... creeping up, creeping up, and then WHAM on Finals night.

1995. Especially Madison Scouts, Cadets, and Bluecoats. Cavaliers weren't exactly shabby, either. :laughing:

2014. Bluecoats' "Tilt"... Cadets' Americana show (I know... disliked by many, but I loved it...LOL) ... and topping it all, the overwhelming performance level of the Blue Devils, with a more "fan-friendly" show from them, IMO.  I'm been around the activity since 1967.... and 2014 BD is the best drum corps I've ever seen.

1980 hands down for me.  I got to stand right in front of BD’s brassline at the victory concert in Whitewater.  RFL and UGFL. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

I agree with Cavies in 95.... :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kbbandman said:

Another thing that made 2008 great was that it was the last outdoor finals. The announcement of 2nd place was the loudest crowd response I have ever heard at a corps show.

also the last year without synths and thunderous goo

I'd have to list favorite years by era