Your favorite All-Time DCI Year

59 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

1980 hands down for me.  I got to stand right in front of BD’s brassline at the victory concert in Whitewater.  RFL and UGFL. 

Watching the PBS broadcast of Finals in 1980, I honestly thought Bridgemen had won. They were absolutely killin' it that night.

A great Finals to cap off a terrific season for DCI.

• Like 1

This one is tuff... I am going to have to put more than one.

2008- granted I have known about DCI since 2003, this was the first season I actively followed... and my first live show (cavies did not perform in Houston). And yes, I have always been a cavies fan :). 

2009- this was the first time I saw The Cavaliers live.... it holds a special place in my heart. 

2010- this was the first year I didn't watch any clips and wanted to wait to see everything live first. THIS IS MY RIFLE!

2016- in my opinion, every single show that year was awesome. I was extremely pleased as a drum corps fan.

89 (I know 88 gets all of the love, but 89 was superior) 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

1980 hands down for me.  I got to stand right in front of BD’s brassline at the victory concert in Whitewater.  RFL and UGFL. 

I agree. It was the still a nod to the past with a big preview of the future. Plus I had my driver's license and could drive to shows (called competitions  back then).

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Tim K said:

I agree. It was the still a nod to the past with a big preview of the future. Plus I had my driver's license and could drive to shows (called competitions  back then).

"Faves/Upsets":

1974:  Santa Clara upends Madison at Finals.  1988: Madison upends BOTH Santa Clara and Blue Devils  (UD until semis), at Finals.

Glad I watched.     :guinesssmilie:

Elphaba

Edited by elphaba01
  • Like 2