Sign in to follow this  
CrownBariDad

Spirit appoints new Executive Director

I don't think this has been posted.

• Like 1

I think this is good news for Spirit.  As far as my knowledge goes, they've been struggling as an organization for a few seasons.  If the organization is struggling, the corps will reflect it on the field.  Let's see if this will help the org and the corps on the field! 

You are partially right about that. The corps WAS in very dire straits organizationally and financially just a few seasons ago after several years of abysmal leadership, but totally new leadership came on board after the 2015 season, and the corps has improved by leaps and bounds the past two seasons, from both an organizational and financial standpoint. As an alum and charter member of Spirit of Atlanta, I'm very encouraged by the strides made by the current corps leadership (which includes Jeff Pearson, who was brought in as operations director in 2016) and look forward to that continuing with Jeff's promotion to executive director.

• Like 2

good call

A little off-topic, but Spirit is one of my sleeper corps for 2018. After a few years of poor leadership, poor show design and dire financial straits that followed their most recent Finals appearance, they turned the ship around and surprised lots of us in 2017 with a great show. I'm looking forward to even greater things from Spirit this summer, and of course this new hire is part of that.

22 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

I don't think this has been posted.

I'm Liahona, and I approve this message. :)

:thumbup:

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1