Spirit of Atlanta 2018

Welcome to the baby blue family, SOA Dad! Your son chose a wonderful organization to be a part of. What section is he in?

Hope he has a terrific and memorable summer and experience. I still remember with great fondness my first year in Spirit, 41 seasons ago, and hope that all of the 2018 Spirit of Atlanta has as great a time as we did all those many years ago.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, SOA Dad said:

First post for me. Father of a new Spirit (and first-time DCI) member. Excited for him and the corps this year. Hopefully on an upward trajectory.

Been following the activity for 5 years now. What these young men and women do on the field is beyond amazing to me. Wishing everyone in the activity this year - members, staff, the many volunteers, judges - a healthy and safe 2018 DCI season.  

Welcome aboard!  My Daughter had a wonderful experience at Spirit. Hope your son has a great season!

2 hours ago, oldsoprano said:

Welcome to the baby blue family, SOA Dad! Your son chose a wonderful organization to be a part of. What section is he in?

Hope he has a terrific and memorable summer and experience. I still remember with great fondness my first year in Spirit, 41 seasons ago, and hope that all of the 2018 Spirit of Atlanta has as great a time as we did all those many years ago.

Thank you and CrownBariDad for the warm welcome! I am going to pass on advising his section because ... that will narrow down the possibilities and I don't think he will be thrilled that good ole' dad is commenting on DCP. :sigh: I will say he is very excited about move-in today and had nothing but positive things to say about the Spirit staff in his interactions with them during the camps this winter/spring. Looking forward to a great DCI season! :thumbup:

• Like 3

On 5/25/2018 at 12:49 PM, SOA Dad said:

First post for me. Father of a new Spirit (and first-time DCI) member. Excited for him and the corps this year. Hopefully on an upward trajectory.

Been following the activity for 5 years now. What these young men and women do on the field is beyond amazing to me. Wishing everyone in the activity this year - members, staff, the many volunteers, judges - a healthy and safe 2018 DCI season.  

Judges? You are new here! Welcome aboard! 

• Haha 3

http://spiritdrumcorps.org/2018-knock/ 

Doors represent both opportunity and obstruction. A door can be an opening or an introduction to a new beginning. A door can also be an exit or a barrier. But a closed door…does it present an exciting invitation or is it a boundary that prevents access to hidden contents?

We may never know what awaits on the other side of a threshold unless we’re prepared to go through and have the courage to… KNOCK.

officialknock-2-1024x576.png

Edited by BlueStainGlass
  • Like 1

Welcome Dad. Hope you and your son have an amazing year with SoA. I’m happy to finally see the announcement of the show, when can someone actually say what the book consists of?

Ken

i_am_the_one_who_knocks__by_brandon91995

• Like 2

Nine Inch Nails/Johnny Cash/Eric Whitacre, The Doors, Polyphia, Bill Evans, and Here Come the Mummies...………..I will wait and see, but this doesn't excite me. Crosses fingers that the arrangements change my mind.