Live Stream Schedule

When will the broadcast schedule for DCI this summer be released? I’m assuming Flomarching is the provider again this year. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rileydog said:

When will the broadcast schedule for DCI this summer be released? I’m assuming Flomarching is the provider again this year. 

They better be because I paid for the year.  I do know that Box 5 is streaming DCA. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

It’ll be up soon

Are you saying it will be FloMarching for sure?  Their site says nothing about it, and nothing is listed on their upcoming events tab.

Also, is DCI requiring a higher interframe compression bitrate guarantee?  All of the youtube clips I saw matched my own live experience, which was well toward the lower end of the scale in the linked video.

• Like 1

I think it'll be Flo.  But everything has been thrown for a scheduling loop this year with the Hop news.  So I think DCI has put a few things aside for a bit.  The streaming is one of them.

25 minutes ago, goodmello said:

I think it'll be Flo.  But everything has been thrown for a scheduling loop this year with the Hop news.  So I think DCI has put a few things aside for a bit.  The streaming is one of them.

They need to learn simultaneous demand...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pete Freedman said:

Are you saying it will be FloMarching for sure?  Their site says nothing about it, and nothing is listed on their upcoming events tab.

The FloMarching Facebook feed has near daily updates on what different corps are up to and they occasionally mention that they are aware they need to get the schedule out. I’m guessing they’re waiting for DCI due to reasons mentioned above, but I’m not sure. 

Also, aside from some obvious growing pains early last season, at our house they were pretty good by the end, and WGI coverage seemed solid based on what we watched in the spring. We watch thru Apple TV and (other than early days when they had sound issues) we had no issues with video quality (though obviously not the same as being there). 

I seem to recall others saying the computer/web based access might have had more issues. Anyone remember more detail about how/which method is best to optimize the feed?

I’m cautiously optimistic this year will be even better than last year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goodmello said:

In what way has scheduling shows been thrown for a loop?  Cadets have withdrawn from some west shows and been added to some east shows, but how has the schedule of shows changed?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, oldbandguy said:

In what way has scheduling shows been thrown for a loop?  Cadets have withdrawn from some west shows and been added to some east shows, but how has the schedule of shows changed?

No, im saying that the lack of advertisement or announcements about the live streaming this year has been put aside because they've been busy with PR and new regulations due to the Hop situation.

They are just too busy reacting to these issues, so they haven't been able to properly prepare the community for the live stream.