2018 Tour Premiere

:help::wall: Our local theater isn't showing the 2018 Tour Premiere this year!  What the actual heck?!  They've shown it in years past and the one year my kid marches a corps literally across the country, it's a no go.  WAAHHH!!!  Anyone know if FLO will be broadcasting this show as well?

Tour Premiere Lineup
All times are ET

6:45pm - Kickstart
8:15pm - The Diplomats Drum & Bugle Corps - Windsor, OH
8:25pm - Welcome & National Anthem
8:35pm - Blue Stars - LaCrosse, WI
8:53pm - Phantom Regiment - Rockford, IL
9:11pm - Boston Crusaders - Boston, MA
9:29pm - BlueCoats - Canton, OH
9:47pm - The Cavaliers - Rosemont, IL
10:05pm - Carolina Crown - Fort Mill, SC
10:30pm - Scores Announced

Edited by DCIat14
Updated with lineup
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, DCIat14 said:

:help::wall: Our local theater isn't showing the 2018 Tour Premiere this year!  What the actual heck?!  They've shown it in years past and the one year my kid marches a corps literally across the country, it's a no go.  WAAHHH!!!  Anyone know if FLO will be broadcasting this show as well?

If FLO was broadcasting it, why would they need the theaters? ;)

4 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

If FLO was broadcasting it, why would they need the theaters? ;)

Stop making sense, I'm devastated and obviously not thinking clearly.  LOL! :P  I was hoping.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCIat14 said:

I’m not surprised the premier is being dropped from some theaters. A friend of mine who works for a theater chain asked my so many people went to Big, Live, and Loud, and so few the premier event. She works for Showcase and claims the August event is sold out in some theaters as much as a week in advance but in some theaters showing the premier event there are as few as twenty people in attendance. I know with Met Live in HD 50% of the theater has to be filled to make it worthwhile. I’m not sure if the same holds true for drum corps. The August event draws a larger crowd for all sorts of reasons whereas the premier event generally has just enthusiasts. 

We've always had a big crowd in the Atlanta theater where I go (100-200). Lots of Spirit folks (of course, even when they aren't playing) and Crown supporters, plus other Corps.  We go as much to meet and greet as to watch the show. 

https://www.fathomevents.com/events/dci-2018

• Like 1

I wonder if the Texas and Southern theaters might see a greater crowd for the Premier than the sparsely attended Northeastern theaters?

Yes, we have more drum corps alumni here having fielded many more corps in the early and pre-DCI era but it is a work night and not everyone has the leisure time the AARP crowd enjoys. In the New England States plus NYS and NJ, schools will still be in session; and the high schools will be undergoing semester final exams, State required exams and the NYS Regents. Where Texas and the South may already be in band camp mode taking a night off to see drum corps, that isn't true for the bands from D.C. north through Pennsylvania and the Northeast. California, Oregon, and Washington State follow similar calendars to the Northeast.

12 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

The theater we go to has fair attendance for the premiere event.  I don’t know what it’s like for prelims but we’re always down in Indy. 

My usual theater in white plains has been scant at best...guess that is why they are no longer showcasing it there...I'm heading the other direction this year and going to Milford...I bought ticket last month and already picked my seat...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Liahona said:

My usual theater in white plains has been scant at best...guess that is why they are no longer showcasing it there...I'm heading the other direction this year and going to Milford...I bought ticket last month and already picked my seat...

I love the reserved seating. 

• Like 2