2018 Tour Premiere

Just getting back from my show. Packed house, couldn’t see one empty seat and was very happy to see that :) but here are my thoughts!

Blue Stars- Was caught off guard by the uniforms as I didn’t know what the theme was until the show but fell in love with the show with that opener. I do not think phantom was 2 points better than them. Probably will end over phantom as they were very dirty.

Phantom Regiment- I was expecting a lot more from phantom. Not sure what was going on with the show. Was very bored most of it. Might be a long season for them.

Boston Crusaders- I was VERY impressed with this show. I like this show better than last years and felt they came out very hot. Was actually expecting them to come in 3rd tonight. Excited to see where this show ends up.

The Cavaliers- That hornline was gorgeous and loved about 2 moments in the show. Other than that was kinda underwhelmed most of the show and was expecting Boston to be closer.

Carolina Crown- Felt this show was classic Crown. Great brass. Kinda lost interest during the middle of the show. Hoping they iron most of the show out. Has a lot of potentional

Bluecoats- I LOVE this show. A lot of cut and play and was hoping to hear more than 5 seconds of connected music but that’s just how the show goes. Love everything about the show besides that. Hoping we don’t see a 1st place to 5th place finish again this year :)

Thats about all from me. I know this will just get lost in the comments. But have a goodnight everyone, don’t take this too seriously!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m sure this won’t go over well but I don’t know how PR beat Blue Stars.  I thought PR was a mess.  Prop movement and set up was really bad.  The guard costumes blended into the field.  I guess I just don’t know #### about this stuff anymore. 

I wasn't 100% sold on either group.  Design of BS was not great, and PR was sloppy and their ending was extremely anti-climatic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OhioBoy_99 said:

Carolina Crown- Felt this show was classic Crown. Great brass. Kinda lost interest during the middle of the show. Hoping they iron most of the show out. Has a lot of potentional

Totally agree with the middle section,  I was like "all females, cool"... but then the section dragged on a bit.  Overall, I think it'll be an easy design fix!

3 minutes ago, dcsnare93 said:

Can we stop calling peoples opinions hate.

I thought hating something was an opinion lol.

2 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

So much Crown hate, I love it!

I normally LOVE the Bluecoats, but I absolutely can’t get into this show on first viewing. The colors, the program, none of it grabbed me at all. Wife felt the same way. Extremely disappointed but hoping it grows on me.

As for overall feelings, last season I walked away from the preview show really excited about the upcoming season. Tonight, I’m questioning if I event want to drop the cash on going to the shows. 

It’s not Crown hate. With the exception of a few productions I’ve seen, Crown has been incredible. But I’m not digging this show. There’s really a lot that doesn’t measure up to their productions over previous years. Hey it happens. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1