2018 Tour Premiere

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

I love the reserved seating. 

ditto

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I love the reserved seating. 

I just looked...so far there are a whopping 4 people (including me) reserved so far...

Too many colonial drum corps in these parts...or should I say Fife and Drum Corps...haha

Deep-River-Ancients-Drum-and-Fife-Corp-0

Edited by Liahona
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I just looked...so far there are a whopping 4 people (including me) reserved so far...

Too many colonial drum corps in these parts...or should I say Fife and Drum Corps...haha

I wondered if that was BAC's newest unis from the parade appearance yesterday in Castleton; no parade photos seemed posted for the corps or on youtube. Maybe Craiga is still looking for who today will develop his Polaroids.

Edited by xandandl

1 hour ago, Liahona said:

Maybe there will be walk ups. 

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

I wonder if the Texas and Southern theaters might see a greater crowd for the Premier than the sparsely attended Northeastern theaters?

Yes, we have more drum corps alumni here having fielded many more corps in the early and pre-DCI era but it is a work night and not everyone has the leisure time the AARP crowd enjoys. In the New England States plus NYS and NJ, schools will still be in session; and the high schools will be undergoing semester final exams, State required exams and the NYS Regents. Where Texas and the South may already be in band camp mode taking a night off to see drum corps, that isn't true for the bands from D.C. north through Pennsylvania and the Northeast. California, Oregon, and Washington State follow similar calendars to the Northeast.

Another thing regarding the Northeast: two years ago in Massachusetts, theaters in Foxboro, Dedham, Revere, Burlington, and Lowell all had the premier event. You can get from Lowell to Foxboro in about an hour, depending on traffic, and most venues are within a half an hour of each other. My guess would be in other parts of the country there is more of a distance  between theaters, so consolidating would not be a problem here. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Another thing regarding the Northeast: two years ago in Massachusetts, theaters in Foxboro, Dedham, Revere, Burlington, and Lowell all had the premier event. You can get from Lowell to Foxboro in about an hour, depending on traffic, and most venues are within a half an hour of each other. My guess would be in other parts of the country there is more of a distance  between theaters, so consolidating would not be a problem here. 

There’s a theater 13 miles to our west in Batavia showing the premiere event and 5 miles to our east in Warrenville.  I like the Warrenvilke theater because it has recliners and reserved seating. 

9 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

There’s a theater 13 miles to our west in Batavia showing the premiere event and 5 miles to our east in Warrenville.  I like the Warrenvilke theater because it has recliners and reserved seating. 

Foxboro has most of the band kids who think anyone over 30 is collecting Social Security, but they call adults sir and m’am and polite kids always earn brownie points with me. Dedham is the millennial crowd. The Revere crowd bring full of alums goes without saying and Lowell has a similar crowd. Drum corps rivalries are relived, nicknames and insults can be bantered about, especially in Revere. Lowell is more old home week and sedate, but I enjoy Foxboro because of the enthusiasm, Revere and Lowell for the reunion atmosphere.

• Like 1

I've never done the DC one because it'd always go late which meant getting the Metro back out would be a pain.  But...I recently moved and could walk back from the theater if needed.  I may go for it this time around.

I've no idea what sort of mix the DC theater gets.  No. Va. has some big band programs but there's theaters in that area running it too.

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Foxboro has most of the band kids who think anyone over 30 is collecting Social Security, but they call adults sir and m’am and polite kids always earn brownie points with me. Dedham is the millennial crowd. The Revere crowd bring full of alums goes without saying and Lowell has a similar crowd. Drum corps rivalries are relived, nicknames and insults can be bantered about, especially in Revere. Lowell is more old home week and sedate, but I enjoy Foxboro because of the enthusiasm, Revere and Lowell for the reunion atmosphere.

It’s a mixed bag in Warrenville.  Old folks like me, high school band kids, millennials...