2018 Tour Premiere

10 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

I've never done the DC one because it'd always go late which meant getting the Metro back out would be a pain.  But...I recently moved and could walk back from the theater if needed.  I may go for it this time around.

I've no idea what sort of mix the DC theater gets.  No. Va. has some big band programs but there's theaters in that area running it too.

I went two years ago in Alexandria and was mostly people in the 20s-30s. This year I'm going to Springfield (reserved seats for the win!) and yesterday looked and noticed so far it is only me and then about 6 people in the back row with tickets.

1 hour ago, PeterGibbons said:

I went two years ago in Alexandria and was mostly people in the 20s-30s. This year I'm going to Springfield (reserved seats for the win!) and yesterday looked and noticed so far it is only me and then about 6 people in the back row with tickets.

We got the back row center at the theater.  It’s on a wider level by itself.  I’ve actually fell asleep up there when we saw boring movies.  We once fell asleep and woke up twice after one particularly bad movie. We finally left after the second time. 

:laughing:

I just relocated, so I dont know what the usual theaters are like here.  But the one theater back home was about half full every premier event, the same for Big Love and Loud.

I will be going to a premier event in theaters here.  Being in a bigger city, I expected more theaters to show it, but it's pretty limited.

Either way, I'm excited!

• Like 1

I can't decide if I want to see it in the theater (which means the chance of rowdy kids) or go to Detroit (which means ... well ... having to go to Detroit).  I've never missed a "first performance" for my daughter but it would be really cool to see it in a theater.  And I'm going to see her in Whitewater 48 hours later (as well as 15 shows this year).  Decisions, decisions.

31 minutes ago, goodmello said:

I just relocated, so I dont know what the usual theaters are like here.  But the one theater back home was about half full every premier event, the same for Big Love and Loud.

I will be going to a premier event in theaters here.  Being in a bigger city, I expected more theaters to show it, but it's pretty limited.

Either way, I'm excited!

I don't think it's based on population...if DCI happens to know where clusters of the fan-base exist...I would think that is how they might make theater decisions....but only speculation on my part...if you live in drum corps laden area though then I really don't know what to say then...

7 minutes ago, BlueStarsDad said:

I can't decide if I want to see it in the theater (which means the chance of rowdy kids) or go to Detroit (which means ... well ... having to go to Detroit).  I've never missed a "first performance" for my daughter but it would be really cool to see it in a theater.  And I'm going to see her in Whitewater 48 hours later (as well as 15 shows this year).  Decisions, decisions.

I've seen a lot of complaints about rowdy kids....but what really is the big deal about that???...we are after all not going to watch the opera....haha  You can always stand up and make a fool of yourself and yell at them to pipe down as well..haha

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I've seen a lot of complaints about rowdy kids....but what really is the big deal about that???...we are after all not going to watch the opera....haha  You can always stand up and make a fool of yourself and yell at them to pipe down as well..haha

As long as they are rowdy about drum corps, I'm all for it.  I'll probably be louder than them :biggrin:.  But if they talk about stupid stuff during the Blue Stars (or anyone else for that matter), they better watch out.

• Like 1

I don't know where I'll be for the premiere, either Maine or Canada. It better be Maine though.... 8-)

Very late getting tix for the premiere at Lowell, MA.  Close to the screen and not many choices.  Looks nearly sold out.  There were only 3 theaters near me showing the show.  My local theater (15 mins away) isn't showing it.  Got about a 45-60 minute drive.  Can't wait.  I think there are going to be a number of great productions this year.  It should be tight at the top.

• Like 1