Madison Scouts survey: all male v.s. Co ed

Madison Scouts survey  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Madison Scouts remain all male or go Co ed?

• Remain all male
    • Go Co ed

18 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Madison will never again be a medalist, let alone a DCI champion, as an all-Male corps. 

With so many predicting Cavaliers to medal, does the same hold true for Cavies? If not, why not?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

Madison will never again be a medalist, let alone a DCI champion, as an all-Male corps. 

I hope you are not judging. You've already pre-judged the performance before the season has even begun. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

Will Madison be a medalist or dci champion again as a co-ed corps?  Is that your inference? 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 2

On 6/19/2018 at 7:06 PM, FlamMan said:

The changes in general scouting organizations are ridiculous. When did everyone become angry at everything?

I don't see it as anger but a reflection of simply the evolution of a society.  Things change over time.   Just look at drum corps for a perfect example of that!

This is just such a terrible idea. It really isnt unexpected given the obvious identity issues the corps is having. Would like them to hold on to thier identity.

On 6/20/2018 at 8:01 PM, HockeyDad said:

Will Madison be a medalist or dci champion again as a co-ed corps?  Is that your inference? 

I think it’s possible. I don’t think it’s reasonable to project Madison to be a medalist again if they continue to believe that they must be one gender. Like it or not, dci is moving quickly to a theatrical design paradigm. Imo you can’t eliminate half of the best marching members from Day 1 and expect to compete with 16+ Male and female world class corps.

33 minutes ago, legacy said:

This is just such a terrible idea. It really isnt unexpected given the obvious identity issues the corps is having. Would like them to hold on to thier identity.

I am not saying they shouldn’t hold on to their identity. But dci shows are way way beyond the past “identity” of the Scouts now. If you’re okay with Madison fighting to make finals, that’s cool, just don’t get angry when it happens.

Leave Madison alone.  Their alumni should  decide this — and nobody else.