2018 Uniforms!

On 6/3/2018 at 1:05 PM, Cadevilina Crown said:

Music City revealed their uniforms last month:

https://musiccitydrumcorps.org/2018-season/2018-program-reveal/

Also, I bet the Cadets' uniforms will change due to their new show concept.

If themed uniforms are the new thing these are good and appropriate. Looks like the crazy train to me! I like traditional better but these are tasteful.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Jim Schehr said:

Looks like what one would wear at a Academy 

Edited by SFZFAN

17 hours ago, andyt611 said:

The Academy just realeased their uniform.

Looks like Hogwarts on acid.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, SFZFAN said:

Looks like Hogwarts on acid.

I got a little bit of a Hogwarts vibe as well. Given the production, it feels very appropriate.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, andyt611 said:

The Academy just realeased their uniform.

Seeing the costumes and knowing that "Keating's Triumph" is part of the show, I have to wonder if we will hear "oh Captain, my Captain" ala Dead Poets Society. Could be cool . . .

Even as a dinosaur, I can’t get worked up over these new style uniforms. I just don’t care either way but when they go badly they are way worse than what we have ever seen. Good thing they only last a year

Edited by cowtown
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looking at all the new uniforms/costumes, there are 2 things that I hope for.  First, that they will show up great on the field and details that you may not like in up-close photos will not even be noticed in the big picture.  Second, I'm all for what is humane.  So in the summer heat and humidity, if these non-traditional uni-costumes are lighter, more comfortable, easier to run in and do all the gymnastic moves in than "regular uniforms", I will get over the fact that I can't instantly recognize the corps from what they are wearing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

Looking at all the new uniforms/costumes, there are 2 things that I hope for.  First, that they will show up great on the field and details that you may not like in up-close photos will not even be noticed in the big picture.  Second, I'm all for what is humane.  So in the summer heat and humidity, if these non-traditional uni-costumes are lighter, more comfortable, easier to run in and do all the gymnastic moves in than "regular uniforms", I will get over the fact that I can't instantly recognize the corps from what they are wearing.

Perfectly said RetiredMusTeach. I've marched in a number of styles of uniform, and I am jealous of the flexibility these costumes provide to the MM.

Edited by DcFr3aK
  • Like 1