2018 Uniforms!

22 hours ago, andyt611 said:

The Academy just realeased their uniform.

They'll really need to keep a tally of how many times they hear "10 points to Gryffandor!" this season....

Edited by 84BDsop

Just now, 84BDsop said:

It's a uniform look....therefore, it's a uniform.   

correct

but show this to a random group of 100 people, and ask them what the people are wearing:

95e694f3e98ecd2ce20d4c749fc5644c.jpg

be honest, and tell me how many people would call it a uniform

• Like 1

Just now, Lance said:

correct

but show this to a random group of 100 people, and ask them what the people are wearing:

95e694f3e98ecd2ce20d4c749fc5644c.jpg

be honest, and tell me how many people would call it a uniform

A fair point, but I will again mention 83 VK....hell 76 Bridgemen as well...this is nothing really new.  It's the lesser costs of the uniforms that allows such frequent changes.

Back when I marched, some of the Garfield unis were older than the kids who wore them...that would never fly today,

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, tedrick said:

does anyone know what happens to corps uniforms after they have been used for one season? Do corps just keep them in storage and plan for a reprise? Or do they just go to Goodwill?

In some situations, parts of the uniforms are sold to WGI and MB units. Some mms and parents frame their one and dones, particularly if the corps placed well or if a special occasion was marked. The front office of The Academy has several of the framed unis over their years hung on the wall so that folks can see there history.

Even Goodwill has its standards.

38 minutes ago, tedrick said:

does anyone know what happens to corps uniforms after they have been used for one season? Do corps just keep them in storage and plan for a reprise? Or do they just go to Goodwill?

It varies. Boston's former uniforms are currently worn by another DCI Corps... Battalion... for example.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I remember when the Stardusters bought the Royal-Airs old Unis after they disbanded.  That was a strange sight, I must say. 

And of course the Beverly Cardinals and Fr. John D'Arcy (rip) play part of the history of the evolution of the The Garfield Cadets.

• Like 2