2018 Uniforms!

Not sure what point you're trying to make. That corps went without headgear "back in the day"?  Sure, a couple one-offs here and there. Nothing like today. Not even close. Exceptions don't prove the rule. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Not sure what point you're trying to make. That corps went without headgear "back in the day"?  Sure, a couple one-offs here and there. Nothing like today. Not even close. Exceptions don't prove the rule. 

not sure if you were talking to me BUT trying to get your point

If it wasn't me sorry :smile:

Edited by GUARDLING

17 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

The point I’m trying to make: 

it isn’t a new thing and it sometimes works masterfully- especially with the increasing use of flat out dance

i would suggest we let the designers make the design decisions - trends tend to become common then the pendulum swings back to equilibrium and we see the new things a little less

as far as I can tell most corps have headgear planned for this summer 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

The point I’m trying to make: 

it isn’t a new thing and it sometimes works masterfully- especially with the increasing use of flat out dance

i would suggest we let the designers make the design decisions - trends tend to become common then the pendulum swings back to equilibrium and we see the new things a little less

as far as I can tell most corps have headgear planned for this summer 

Yeah, I don't know. I understand what you're saying. I just think it's such a different world it's not really a comparison or a - what goes around comes around- thing. It would be like saying that because Cadets sang in the late '70's, singing today is doing something that's been done before. To me, there is no comparison between literally singing one word in 1978 (or was it 77 or 79... memory fades haha).....and the way in which voice is used today.   In my opinion of course. 

2 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Yeah, I don't know. I understand what you're saying. I just think it's such a different world it's not really a comparison or a - what goes around comes around- thing. It would be like saying that because Cadets sang in the late '70's, singing today is doing something that's been done before. To me, there is no comparison between literally singing one word in 1978 (or was it 77 or 79... memory fades haha).....and the way in which voice is used today.   In my opinion of course. 

I don’t disagree at all. It is certainly different times. I personally enjoy the various eras and “versions” of the idiom 

I’m not sure the more “‘militaristic” style uniforms have the same appeal to young people as they did, say, 20-30 years ago 

and certainly the visual movement/design is a huge influence on what makes appropriate attire for today’s corps 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

AMEN!