2018 Uniforms!

3 hours ago, Mac13 said:

Carolina Crown

I'll admit that I was certainly NOT expecting a Far East/reptilian vibe from the promotional stuff they had put out, but that's gonna look GORGEOUS from the stands!

• Like 1

not sure if anyone else has pointed this out, but is this a great country/a great activity or what? the performing organizations are so well endowed financially, they can purchase new costumes and drum covers (probably drums) every year -- the people running these performing arts organizations are financial geniuses! What was the last top 12 corps to fold? Glassmen? Has the marketplace reached a sweet spot where all of the 16 or so elite organizations can exist and there is not a financial strain? Is there a perfect balance between revenue and expense? Truly this is a golden age for the activity!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, brassboy said:

Mandarins just revealed their new uniform!

DfwSodHVMAACyIw?format=jpg&name=large

The guard uniforms are cool.  They remind me of cosplay at San Diego Comic Con.

8084810318_03c3d40999_c.jpg

It's art. I think

I took like to wear long flowing dark leather in the summer months.

30 minutes ago, tedrick said:

not sure if anyone else has pointed this out, but is this a great country/a great activity or what? the performing organizations are so well endowed financially, they can purchase new costumes and drum covers (probably drums) every year -- the people running these performing arts organizations are financial geniuses! What was the last top 12 corps to fold? Glassmen? Has the marketplace reached a sweet spot where all of the 16 or so elite organizations can exist and there is not a financial strain? Is there a perfect balance between revenue and expense? Truly this is a golden age for the activity!

Indoor style uniforms cost $200 max. These are cheaper and can be sold to other schools. The drums are sold after every season and the ones that don't sell by On2 wraps which cost like $80 per tenor and $35 per snare so about $1000 for the whole line. 

Glassmen folded by their own wrongdoing of spending the money all at once and never found a way to bring it back. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brassboy said:

Mandarins just revealed their new uniform!

DfwSodHVMAACyIw?format=jpg&name=large

Are the guard blouses mesh or painted on fabric?  The shorts seem as if they would not breathe. Ditto for the jacket for the music ensemble. While the domes will be air conditioned, Texas tour will not. 

• Like 1