2018 Uniforms!

3 hours ago, Triple Forte said:

So can I ask what was so bad about the colorguard having a different uniform  than the corps proper which conveys the theme ? why all of a sudden do we need the entire corps to convey the theme? 

...because great horn/percussion/marching bo longer win championships.  

11 minutes ago, DCIat14 said:

...because great horn/percussion/marching bo longer win championships.  

No worries. Drum corps is always about the music. Close your eyes and listen or open your eyes, listen and watch people perform to the music with added delights. Both are good.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, newBACmom said:

I have to admit -- and I'll deny it because I'm the mom who isn't supposed to comment or have an opinion -- that my son is slightly disappointed that he's not getting a real "uniform" and shako.  This is his first year in drum corps, after three years of auditioning.  Yes, he wants to march no matter what and will wear and like whatever the current uniform is, but yes, part of it was wanting a traditional uniform/shako.  There is a little bit of disappointment.  I'm repeating myself, aren't I?? Still, he's very happy with his show and his experience so far.  But, I "get" the dream that isn't quite going to happen.

I wore the uniform and shako..PROPS to you for knowing it is a shako and not a hat....it's a bit overrated...and BITD was made out of materials far better suited for winter months...and with the body movement used these days...just would not be possible with the traditional style uni...but I do on some level see the disappointment as well....we have moved into a new area of costuming...I'll assume by your screen-name you are referring to Boston...even last season...Boston was NOT anything close to their traditional red & black uni's...not EVEN close...it was a HUGE adjustment for me as a alum to take in ...but I've since embraced it...

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I wore the uniform and shako..PROPS to you for knowing it is a shako and not a hat....it's a bit overrated...and BITD was made out of materials far better suited for winter months...and with the body movement used these days...just would not be possible with the traditional style uni...but I do on some level see the disappointment as well....we have moved into a new area of costuming...I'll assume by your screen-name you are referring to Boston...even last season...Boston was NOT anything close to their traditional red & black uni's...not EVEN close...it was a HUGE adjustment for me as a alum to take in ...but I've since embraced it...

you might be my favorite DCPer :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, xandandl said:

What ever happened to Granny Smith talking about older women of senior status.

I haven’t seen her posts here or on Facebook for a while, so I looked her up and while there are people who have posted to her FB timeline for her birthday, she has not responded in two years. And no, I am not cyberstalking her. We are actually FB friends though I have not met the woman in real life.

Edited by Tim K

12 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

BLUE KNIGHTS

Image may contain: 4 people, people standing

Image may contain: 1 person, standing

Image may contain: 1 person

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing and text

I wouldn't expect anything less from BK. Really takes the blue out of blue knights. 

I learned in 2016 not to get to excited about uniforms.

Edited by ThePlanets

I'm pleased with the Blue Knights new look, particularly like the design with the 5 light blue circles above the chest. There is certainly a increased use of stripes this year in DCI. Must have been a performance ensemble concept seen somewhere on a grand stage (Cirque, Olympics, a hit movie) that really took off.

As far as I'm concerned, at this level of "visual impact," there's no going back. This era is about an outlandish, lavish, even shocking, reveal that will change with every new season. Keeps things more interesting, for sure.

At the highest levels of our craft we enjoy a unique outdoor performance art. An ever-changing kaleidoscope that matches the diminishing attention span of modern audiences. All based on the What's next?

No, these aren't uniforms. That would be so boring.

13 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

BLUE KNIGHTS

Image may contain: 4 people, people standing

Image may contain: 1 person, standing

Image may contain: 1 person

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing and text

And the theme of their show us "Cirque De Circumcision" 

• Haha 1

Random comments about the BK uniform pictures...

1.  Regarding the horn player and the drum player and that pattern of blue dots on their chest.  Not everyone in the corps has that same pattern.  There are variations.

2.  The one picture of the back of the guard member doesn't do justice.  The yellow design is actually brighter.  It especially stands out more on the purple background.

3.  Those colors will pop under the stadium lights.

4.  btw, that bass drum player in the picture...in real life...is freaking TINY.  She looks to be about half the height of the tallest bass player.

• Like 1