2018 Uniforms!

On 6/18/2018 at 5:32 PM, Cainan said:

I think they are pretty dope.. my only criticism of Crown's costume (and that's what they are and not meant to be derogatory in any way.. this is modern drum corps) are the hats.. I simply think they are an odd shape.. I think a taller shako with some sort of plumage would be far more effective

I do think I might like them better if I was on dope. :spitting:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BRASSO said:

I THINK  I know what Spirit uni " gem stones " you are referring too here in the 2018  reveal here. But to be honest with you, 'not entirely sure, you know what I'm sayin' ?

Idk. Maybe they're just like studs? Idk.  The sash looking part.  And the design on the chest.

16 hours ago, xandandl said:

DCI visited Cadets ST and brought back some photos.  More on DCI web page. But here are the headgear in color.

Cadets gearing up for 2018 tour

So it looks like they are sticking with the design that was unveiled a while back.  makes sense since they probably had already paid for them and they were being produced

35 minutes ago, bluecoats88 said:

So it looks like they are sticking with the design that was unveiled a while back.  makes sense since they probably had already paid for them and they were being produced

Every time I see these photos I can't stop remembering a former corps called the CapitolAires. 'Kinda socks to be old enough to have seen them perform in person !

Edited by Fred Windish
  • Haha 1

I grow weary of seeing muffin tops, arm pit hair, camel toes, and most of all, the "family jewels" bag! I wonder how the MM feel about all the "junk"  on the field. I hope there isn't body shaming as a result of a designers pen to paper...Crown's layering this year seem to alleviate the "topography" issues of the past few seasons. Sexuality sure, I am referring to the execution and thought that would make this a non-issue. 

24 minutes ago, whitedj2002 said:

I grow weary of seeing muffin tops, arm pit hair, camel toes, and most of all, the "family jewels" bag! I wonder how the MM feel about all the "junk"  on the field. I hope there isn't body shaming as a result of a designers pen to paper...Crown's layering this year seem to alleviate the "topography" issues of the past few seasons. Sexuality sure, I am referring to the execution and thought that would make this a non-issue. 

Worries about body shaming as they proceed to body shame. Smh.

Weary of Muffin tops? That’s body shaming. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, whitedj2002 said:

My kid's corps switched to spandex last year.  The MM's liked them more than the traditional uniforms we had before.  And they seem pretty excited about the <ahem> upgrades we're adding on this year.

Mike

• Like 1

3 hours ago, whitedj2002 said:

After you spend a summer showering together, you get pretty comfortable with yourself. I doubt the members really care if something is a bit more revealing.

• Like 2