2018 Uniforms!

I literally wanted to barf looking at most of the costumes this year but once I got a look at Madison some actually came up. Drum Corps is no longer Drum Corps.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

And the sad part is more than one person agreed that a costume that looks like the inside of your body was a good idea. Incredible. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SFZFAN said:

I literally wanted to barf looking at most of the costumes this year but once I got a look at Madison some actually came up. Drum Corps is no longer Drum Corps.

Their hearts go out to you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I loved just about everything about SCV last night, and was pleased they finally broke that BD win streak over them out there on the West Coast. I " get" that modern day DCI wants to go with " theme inspired " attire now. On the other hand, I fail to see how SCV 's show last nite would have been diminished in any way had they simply gone out in performance last nite with their classy and iconic attire and Aussies headgear. Do I think the SCV show was enhanced in any manner with the attire they did choose to wear last night ? No. Did the attire add anything to the theme ? If it did, i failed to see where it did. Did the attire look rich in quality, color, texture ? Sorry to say.. No. Was the attire an advancement over previously worn attire by SCV ? Only if we consider perhaps the better ability of the performer to perform in performance. But did the attire become an improvement in visual appeal to audiences ? Thats hard to say, as that becomes a matter of personal taste, I suppose. But for me, the SCV chosen attire for this season is a step down in attire both in attractiveness, in advancing the show theme in any substantive manner ( the main reason we've been told SCV has gone to "theme specific attire " ), and in use of color in the attire choice. The pants/ leggings looked rather substandard in quality for the lower torso  in material utilized too, imo. All this said, despite my criticism of the attire choice here, I enjoyed just about everything else last night regarding the SCV performance. They deserved their fine win with an outstanding performance for the 1st week of the 2018 season, and I really enjoy their 2018 show as well.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 5

On 6/23/2018 at 10:52 PM, Cappybara said:

Cadets' uniforms look like something a high school with too large of a band budget would wear in my opinion. The materials and sequins and overall design are just a little tacky. Good to see them wearing shakos though

I agree. Most folks I spoke to at the show did not care for them. But the Cadets were welcomed with big open arms and plenty of applause.  To me, this show would work better with their classic uni. 

Edited by jwillis35

16 hours ago, corps8294 said:

We are well into the era of androgynous uniforms. 

Weren't uniforms always androgynous?  

an·drog·y·nous
anˈdräjənəs/
adjective

1. partly male and partly female in appearance; of indeterminate sex.
    • dated
      having the physical characteristics of both sexes; hermaphrodite.
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, drummer5485 said:

Weren't uniforms always androgynous?  

an·drog·y·nous
anˈdräjənəs/
adjective

1. partly male and partly female in appearance; of indeterminate sex.
    • dated
      having the physical characteristics of both sexes; hermaphrodite.

I’m guessing they preferred that they appeared more *male*. Now they truly are androgymous and that’s a problem.