2018 Uniforms!

10 minutes ago, johnpendell said:

Agreed, I can really see this happening too. KINDA like cavies in 2016 at finals retreat when they came out in their green version of the uniform. 

yup - been floating the idea out for years

now that they have (much) better leadership hopefully the organization can make this happen for the membership

as you mentioned, Cavaliers as well. Or corps with iconic looks such as SCV, Troopers etc

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

yup - been floating the idea out for years

now that they have (much) better leadership hopefully the organization can make this happen for the membership

as you mentioned, Cavaliers as well. Or corps with iconic looks such as SCV, Troopers etc

let alumni start it and fund it. It's something that can join past to present.

• Like 5

OK not to sound too "get off my lawnish" but...

Did we not already have enough to spend money on without replacing the hornline costume every year?  Also I was about 1/2 watching someones warmup today while working and looked up and could not tell who it was.  Had no clue.  Had to read the title of the video.

And get off my lawn.     :bored:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

let alumni start it and fund it. It's something that can join past to present.

Frankly, THAT is a great idea!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, WWonka said:

OK not to sound too "get off my lawnish" but...

Did we not already have enough to spend money on without replacing the hornline costume every year?  Also I was about 1/2 watching someones warmup today while working and looked up and could not tell who it was.  Had no clue.  Had to read the title of the video.

And get off my lawn.     :bored:

The new style performance wear is much less expensive than a traditional uniform in most cases. So while changing annually is more expensive it’s not as much a difference as people think 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

The new style performance wear is much less expensive than a traditional uniform in most cases. So while changing annually is more expensive it’s not as much a difference as people think 

That makes sense.  And I assume it might even be machine washable in the right setup commercial or otherwise?  Vs unis that are growing things in them by midseason.

I was just weirded out by looking up when someone was doing a tuning sequence and having no clue who it was even though they are a Top 5 corps.  And my lawn is holding up pretty well so far.

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

imagine the excitement for fans, alumni etc (and most importantly the mm) to march into finals retreat in the classic M&G - could be quite the moment IMO

That would call for some quick changing into performance wear for their championship encore ;-)

5 minutes ago, WWonka said:

That makes sense.  And I assume it might even be machine washable in the right setup commercial or otherwise?  Vs unis that are growing things in them by midseason.

I was just weirded out by looking up when someone was doing a tuning sequence and having no clue who it was even though they are a Top 5 corps.  And my lawn is holding up pretty well so far.

A lot of these new uni go into a stuff pack back pack so easier to transport and for the members to warmup and change 

and lets face it the traditional uniform were being replaced every year or two anyway these days, so early costumes may be cost neutral in some situations 

2 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

That would call for some quick changing into performance wear for their championship encore ;-)

He if there’s  a will there’s a way, have them in the back tunnel by a restroom and the corps could change in five 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

Stop and think how many corps/bands/guards have been disrobing mid-show behind judge blockers, props, drumsets, and SCV's tunnel tent. Was there not one corps that actually wore 3 outfits one a top the other in DCI a few seasons back, discarding one to reveal the other. Not as cumbersome as you say.