2018 Uniforms!

I’m not anti new unis and new looks, but free range on everything really opens up the possibility for some very tacky unis. Maybe it will settle down after a few years. SCV - fantastic. Blue Stars - I’m still wondering if it’s all an elaborate prank. Crown du Soleil. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

I’m not anti new unis and new looks, but free range on everything really opens up the possibility for some very tacky unis. Maybe it will settle down after a few years. SCV - fantastic. Blue Stars - I’m still wondering if it’s all an elaborate prank. Crown du Soleil. 

Tacky doesnt have a time frame. You are right BUT there were some pretty tacky in every generation of drum corps

36 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

. SCV - fantastic. Blue Stars - I’m still wondering if it’s all an elaborate prank. Crown du Soleil. 

Costumes appeal, of course, are in the eye of the beholder. I'd like to say that to my eyes the SCV new costumes are richer in texture , colors, overall appeal from head to toe compared to what went before 2017..... but I'm simply not seeing the improvement others are. I thought that the idea is to advance over what went before. But I 'm not sensing that at the moment. Maybe with a few more viewings . I'l prefer this 2018 SCV costume, including the lower torso portion with the crumpled leggings look, better than the traditional, classic, iconic  rich looking SCV attire and Aussie headgear they wore all those years. I'm just having trouble at the moment coming around to the acceptance that these are an improvement in overall look and colors display for SCV  with the creams as the preferred and dominant color now with SCV.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

On 6/30/2018 at 8:23 PM, BlueStainGlass said:

36490092_10160551970080162_8402958129981

36381351_10160551970360162_2754797856219

Well while OC will look absolutely ridiculous at least the drums will sound good. Those Tama's are awesome.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SFZFAN said:

Well while OC will look absolutely ridiculous at least the drums will sound good. Those Tama's are awesome.

Oh, I don't know, I kind of dig OC's degenerate and dissolute look. I just hope their outfits are not promising more than the show can deliver.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cybersnyder said:

To each their own. To me, SCV's attire last year and this year is horrible and nothing short of embarrassing. What ever floats your boat I guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueStainGlass said:

My ears dont like tama sound. I've grown on the dynasty sound. 

I'm very sorry about that. 

44 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Paul rennick reinvented the brand 

Paul Rennick is the master of tuning marching drums. That part is true.