Raiders featured in Israeli coverage

30 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Israeli TV covered the NYC Celebrate Israel parade today and included this photo of Raiders. NYC has a parade for every ethnic group it seems.

118735.jpg

great photo of them ,thanks for posting it.

11 hours ago, xandandl said:

Israeli TV covered the NYC Celebrate Israel parade today and included this photo of Raiders. NYC has a parade for every ethnic group it seems.

118735.jpg

The parade's been around for decades. When I was a kid in the late 70's, it was called the "Salute to Israel" parade. It was a pretty unusual competition parade in that period, I'm not sure how much of the special rules have carried over through the decades.

Raiders looking good!!! Sharp uniforms.

Marched Salute to Isreal  parade late sixties. At that time, parade was late Feb.,early March.Absolutely fridgid Sunday. Keep your mouthpiece in your hand so it doesn't freeze to your lips. Roll off, put the mouthpiece in, thumb was so cold , I couldn't move the valve( single horizontal)

But  Monday morning we were on the front page of the New York Times

George Starr

Woodsiders  Newark  NJ   69-73,  Caballeros  74,75