DCI Media Through the Years

46 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end.

Yup, that was Drum Corps heaven back then...I miss the Fan Network BIG TIME.  Not sure we will ever see anything like it again...sad, but reality.

• Like 1

i need someone tech saavy to help me get stuff off of itunes and into a google drive that I can share/trade. I have filled in a lot of blanks lately, but I have some gaps I'd love to fill

On 6/7/2018 at 1:02 PM, afoster87 said:

This is where a master list would be helpful. I believe 2006 and 2007 cds we’re only top 12. But was there a separate cd for semifinalists and quarterfinalists? 

I have the 1994 cd which is two discs but is top 14, I believe. But my 1993 is three discs and top 21. Was there an additional 1994 disc? Or were there ever different versions of CDs of the same year that were offered like a finalist CD set and also a finalist/semifinalist/quarterfinalist set? 

Which master list do you want, a list of recordings that used to be commercially available? Or a list of possible sources? I think for 2006 & 2007 I bought the downloads of finals from DCI and copped the prelims show audio from the Vol. 2 DVDs. The DVDs and CDs for any given year often sound very different.

6 hours ago, drangin said:

Which master list do you want, a list of recordings that used to be commercially available? Or a list of possible sources? I think for 2006 & 2007 I bought the downloads of finals from DCI and copped the prelims show audio from the Vol. 2 DVDs. The DVDs and CDs for any given year often sound very different.

Having a list of the media produced commercially would be helpful especially in these cases where there were two versions of cd sets for certain years. I didn’t begin following drum corps until 2001 so I definitely would appreciate having this information pre-2001. 

And I too would love to have the Fam Network again. I just wasn’t in a position to take advantage of it then as I am and would now.