Anyone know anything about Vanguard Cadets?

I haven't heard anything at all from the Vanguard organization about SCVC's show this year at all. Not even a minor post about it. What's up with that, am I right!? It seems like they are the only open class corps to not release their show or anything yet. Pretty strange. 

Does ANYBODY know anything about what they are bringing to the table this year? I watched some of the show at their memorial weekend camp in May and it sounded great, but beyond the opener (which is what they were working on...putting it on the field. I understand they have their whole show musically learned though) I know absolutely nothing lol. 

Aloha, a Red Team alum here...my son is a 3rd year trumpet with SCVC this year and their show theme “Off the Wall” came out just today. I had lunch with him last weekend where he played some snippets he’d recorded from camps— highly athletic feel, one tune features triple meters (reminded me vaguely of “that” section of YPG due to its complexity), percussion parts fabulously written (as usual). The hornline is younger than last year; he is one of very few vets in the line. 

https://www.scvanguard.org/scvc-2018-off-wall/

Edited by TRacer

From that link:

REPERTOIRE:
“Bicycle Race” by Frederick Mercury
“Sounding Board” by Fred Emory Smith & Ryan Adamsons
“Fly to Paradise” by Eric Whitacre
“Rebound” by Fred Emory Smith & Ryan Adamsons

Huh. They note they'll have 154 members.

That size limit was one of the rule changes approved in January?

Yep, 154. My kid was hoping that they’d use the additional 4 members plus pull a few bodies from the guard complement to boost the size of the 2018 hornline (which is currently 72 I think; I will confirm this via text) to WC size so they could compete at WC volume, which in his mind held them back from making a scary push into the 14th-15th place realm last year (“...we did lots of stuff really well in 2017 but darn it, we lacked the real horsepower the big guys have.”)  A lot of the 2017 SCVC kids did the Rose Parade earlier that year and learned what it was like to perform with the amp turned up to 11, especially when they played the excerpt from “The Canyon”.

Edit: The extra 4 went into the (you guessed it) CG. 

Edited by TRacer

Spoke with my son yesterday...VC is on track and has Mvts 1-3 fielded; Mvt 4 might be standstill on June 22nd in Clovis. They will be wearing matching shirts, black dress pants and their marching shoes as their new unioutfitthingeemabobs from Stanbury aren’t ready...just like BStars...and the A Corps...and...

Yes, I did ask the natural question and the answer was, “We can’t wear last years’ uniforms as the corps sold them months ago.” Of course, what was I thinking...? 

Edited by TRacer

Turns out my wife has a friend whose son was born the same year as our daughter.  He's in Vanguard Cadets this year while she's in Guardians.  They're under strict orders to meet up at OC Finals for pictures.  It's a small world sometimes...  :thumbs-up:

Mike