Prosperie files lawsuit over 2015 axe incident

good for him. i'd have been on the phone with a lawyer as soon as i was out of uniform

• Like 3

Some sloppy pre-planning there for sure. When they have that kind of thing set up at Ren Faires they have a big back stop in case someone misses like that. The show host was no Fess Parker or Ed Ames, let me tell yah.

Seems fair, but why only now?

The article doesn't say, so my guess would be that Prosperie thought the effects of the injury would pass with time, and instead he finds, as the suit alleges, that he has "permanent effects of pain, disability, disfigurement and loss of body function."

• Like 1

Is he no longer on active duty? 

54 minutes ago, BigW said:

Some sloppy pre-planning there for sure. When they have that kind of thing set up at Ren Faires they have a big back stop in case someone misses like that. The show host was no Fess Parker or Ed Ames, let me tell yah.

I’m thinking Jeff is lucky that Ed Ames wasn’t throwing that axe.  

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Seems fair, but why only now?

The article doesn't say, so my guess would be that Prosperie thought the effects of the injury would pass with time, and instead he finds, as the suit alleges, that he has "permanent effects of pain, disability, disfigurement and loss of body function."

lawyers

• Like 1