Wildwood

11 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Wow... me, Jeff, and W in the same place at the same time at Hempfield.  LOL.

I have alerted the authorities.

will probably have a gathering in the parking lot pre-show for a quick remembrance of Kathy Hepner since the person in charge of her estate has pretty much dropped off the map

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

I have alerted the authorities.

will probably have a gathering in the parking lot pre-show for a quick remembrance of Kathy Hepner since the person in charge of her estate has pretty much dropped off the map

I will do my best to get to that.

She was so cool.  Such a sad end for her. 

On 6/18/2018 at 7:06 AM, VOReason said:

If I want a weather report, I can always turn to my local news.  And if I want to know the crowd size, I can attend a Trump rally.  Anyone have any observations on the actual clap show?  

In honor of VOReason's affection for weather reports, here's a capsule forecast for the corps at the Wildwood show, based on their performances there:

Buccaneers: Sunny, with clear skies ahead. But there remains a possibility of another corps raining on their parade.

Caballeros: Mostly sunny, with a good chance for even better weather.

Fusion Core: Partly to mostly sunny, with clouds clearing as the season goes on.

Bushwackers: A mix of clouds and sun, with a chance for clearer conditions (drum line and color guard mostly sunny, horn line has some clouds overhead right now... filling out the line will help). 

I hope this helps.  :laughing:

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, cooter said:

So Fran, you're saying Bucs are a lock again? Bold prediction.

I also wrote "But there remains a possibility of another corps raining on their parade."

From what I heard and saw... no, they are not a lock.  They had a very good opening run, but not a "season's over" start like they've had in various years since 2005. 

I would figure there are two or three corps with at least a shot at them... perhaps a solid shot. We shall see.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2