What happened to Dan Potter & Field Pass?

Anyone know why DCI is not doing the Field Pass podcast this year... at least not yet?

Usually by this time there has been a visit by Cesario to all the corps and we get a synopsis/rundown of all the shows... 

Edited by ashevillemurphy

There have been several that I have  listened to via my subscription on my phone.

6 minutes ago, ashevillemurphy said:

Anyone know why DCI is not doing the Field Pass podcast this year... at least not yet?

Usually by this time there has been a visit by Cesario to all the corps and we get a synopsis/rundown of all the shows... 

Not easy to locate it on the DCI home page (like most things on that very strange website)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/drum-corps-international-field-pass/id1124069893

https://www.dci.org/news/focused-cadets-band-together-under-common-vision

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ashevillemurphy said:

I've listened to TWO already...

https://soundcloud.com/drum-corps-international

Edited by Liahona

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

You’re right about the website.  The schedule section is so clunky that I missed that there was a Midwesterner regional in St. Louis and only became aware of it when I saw the flomarching schedule. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

You’re right about the website.  The schedule section is so clunky that I missed that there was a Midwesterner regional in St. Louis and only became aware of it when I saw the flomarching schedule. 

I complained about the schedule/website problems on their FB page as soon as it came out, and had a bunch of people agree with me.  I also emailed them to voice my thoughts.  It used to be so easy to see the schedule on one page.  Obviously, they didn't care about my suggestions, and the mess remains.  I don't know how anyone could think it's an improvement.

• Like 3

Just now, newBACmom said:

I complained about the schedule/website problems on their FB page as soon as it came out, and had a bunch of people agree with me.  I also emailed them to voice my thoughts.  It used to be so easy to see the schedule on one page.  Obviously, they didn't care about my suggestions, and the mess remains.  I don't know how anyone could think it's an improvement.

They aren’t very responsive if history is any teacher. 

3 hours ago, ashevillemurphy said:

1. Michael Cesario is out as DCI artistic director upon the end of his tenure. Lee Carlson has replaced him.

2. Dan Potter said in his last FieldPass (the one with Cadets) that he will broadcast an interview with Mr. Carlson this week.

3. You might find this recent article interesting. http://www.halftimemag.com/may-june-2018/noteworthy_leecarlson.html

finding anything but the store on the new website sucks

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1