Rt 15 traffic alerts

12 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

If you're coming across on I-80 and then north on Rte. 15 to Williamsport,  you'll be well north of the Shamokin Dam traffic situation. 

OK... "situation" meaning "hot mess."  LOL

Thank you.  That’s a relief.  Don’t need to encounter that after a nine hour drive. 

5 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

We’re driving to Williamsport for DCA.  Is this something that’s going to affect us coming from the west on I-80?  Just wondering because I’m pretty ignorant about this area. 

I couldn't tell you whats happening on 80. 80 is above the spots I listed on 15, so this shouldn't affect you, and I'm not sure whats happening above lewisburg. I can nose around

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

We’re driving to Williamsport for DCA.  Is this something that’s going to affect us coming from the west on I-80?  Just wondering because I’m pretty ignorant about this area. 

Nope! It's south of your approach by about 40 minutes. Affects more of the Harrisburg folks coming from the South.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

We aren’t flying because with connecting flights, it was gonna take six plus hours.   I said the heck with that.  Road trip. 

Read an article that with security at Airports and all of the wait... any trip under 6-8 hours wasn't worth it.

If Williamsport had an Amtrak station, I'd think about that but from the looks of it it doesn't. Even Lewistown, where I grew up has one, though it's on the main line between Pittsburgh and Philly.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BigW said:

Read an article that with security at Airports and all of the wait... any trip under 6-8 hours wasn't worth it.

If Williamsport had an Amtrak station, I'd think about that but from the looks of it it doesn't. Even Lewistown, where I grew up has one, though it's on the main line between Pittsburgh and Philly.

It’s become a major pita to fly out of Chicago.  I’m driving everywhere but Florida in February.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

It’s become a major pita to fly out of Chicago.  I’m driving everywhere but Florida in February.  

Thank Al Gore for the Internet (lol) as that killed my need to be on site and travel far for work. Lost track of how many flights taken over the decades. Only post 9/11 flight was for a cruise and that had it’s own horror story. Three hour security check at San Juan to go thru scanner. Kris was in a wheelchair for weak leg and we went to front of line. Made the flight but plenty of dirty looks from people in line

Edited by JimF-LowBari

32 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Thank Al Gore for the Internet (lol) as that killed my need to be on site and travel far for work. Lost track of how many flights taken over the decades. Only post 9/11 flight was for a cruise and that had it’s own horror story. Three hour security check at San Juan to go thru scanner. Kris was in a wheelchair for weak leg and we went to front of line. Made the flight but plenty of dirty looks from people in line

Shame on those people.  It’s alarming how little compassion some people have for those who are struggling or are elderly and don’t move as quickly as they once did.  I have no time for people like that. 

7 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Shame on those people.  It’s alarming how little compassion some people have for those who are struggling or are elderly and don’t move as quickly as they once did.  I have no time for people like that. 

I saw it more as frustration from standing in line in nasty humidity for so long. And there was no warning that it would take hours. Knew a couple from our cruise and they were half thru the line when their connecting flight took off. So do you leave the line to rebook and start over again? Top it off there might have only been one scanner in use and workers were not that quick. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

I saw it more as frustration from standing in line in nasty humidity for so long. And there was no warning that it would take so long. Knew a couple from our cruise and they were half thru the line when their flight took off. So do you leave the line to rebook and start over again? Top it off there might have only been one scanner in use and workers were not that quick. 

I help an elderly person with macular degeneration and he has hearing loss. Take him grocery shopping and medical appointments. I get pretty angry when I see how impatient people are with him.  That’s where my mindset is.  I’m sorry it was so hot and humid but I’m glad those looks weren’t because Krista was struggling. 

• Thanks 1