Cavalier's "Closing" Ability

1 minute ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

My nick is Popcorn Eater for a reason. 

I personally see more potential in 2018 than I did last year’s trip to Mars. But no one has ever mistaken me for a judge. 

Me either. The 2018 show to me, right now, seems a bit manic. It's hard to gauge in pre-season/early season now because so many corps layer in as the season progresses and what we see at finals is so much more complete. Their brass did sound fantastic, tho.

2 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Me either. The 2018 show to me, right now, seems a bit manic. It's hard to gauge in pre-season/early season now because so many corps layer in as the season progresses and what we see at finals is so much more complete. Their brass did sound fantastic, tho.

Definitely think brass is stronger in 2018. And according to the kid, there’s obviously more visual and design coming. As I’m sure with everyone. 

Just now, PopcornEater1963 said:

Definitely think brass is stronger in 2018. And according to the kid, there’s obviously more visual and design coming. As I’m sure with everyone. 

Of course. I LOVE the uniforms, too. So much. I'm sure the guard will be great too. 

1 hour ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Again...knowing my "prism", do you think the Cavaliers have a certain "reputation" for maxing out their score/placement at this point, or were those two seasons generally considered anomalies?  

Definitely not anomalies!  The Cavies are GREAT competitors.  There have been many years where they've passed others at the home stretch.  Giving it some thought, I do not think I've ever witnessed them "choke".  When I've watched them rehearse, or in the lot, they attack every single repetition as if it is "do or die".  Never, ever tentative.  It's always finals night for them.  When they find themselves in tight competition, on a big night, they're more than ready... they've rehearsed "as if" all summer.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

My nick is Popcorn Eater for a reason. 

I personally see more potential in 2018 than I did last year’s trip to Mars. But no one has ever mistaken me for a judge. 

you may be onto something there with a popcorn filling coated in a Mars bar, or is it the other way around? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Narrow said:

I think 2016 was more just Cadets typical mid-late season plateau. Cavies definitely brought it last year though, increasing their score every night at Indy.

and Bloo just kinda held in place.

every year theres that one corps that surges daily. last 2 years its been Cavies. This year who knows

1 hour ago, Ediker said:

I do not think I've ever witnessed them "choke".

While I wouldn't say they "choked" per se at the end of the 2015 season, they certainly stalled out.  They had been sitting in 7th all season long, ahead of Phantom and Madison.  Yes, I know they had a flu outbreak which caused them to withdraw from Atlanta & Winston-Salem.  But they still beat both Madison and Phantom after that.  It wasn't until Finals week that those 2 corps both passed Cavaliers and knocked them into 9th Place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

and Bloo just kinda held in place.

every year theres that one corps that surges daily. last 2 years its been Cavies. This year who knows

Yah 2014 and 2015 it seemed to be Bloo that was "the closer" as they surged past Cadets at the finish line twice.  

21 minutes ago, PRphan72 said:

While I wouldn't say they "choked" per se at the end of the 2015 season, they certainly stalled out.  They had been sitting in 7th all season long, ahead of Phantom and Madison.  Yes, I know they had a flu outbreak which caused them to withdraw from Atlanta & Winston-Salem.  But they still beat both Madison and Phantom after that.  It wasn't until Finals week that those 2 corps both passed Cavaliers and knocked them into 9th Place.

Virus = “Stalled out”. This is completely ridiculous. You basically have an entire corps that is unable to rehearse let alone clean, let alone make any significant changes the last two weeks leading into finals. So while both Phantom and Madison were doing all that, the Cavies have members marching in finals who wouldn’t have been on the field given any other circumstances. Those kids marched because of heart and passion, plain and simple. To say they “stalled out” is completely disrespectful. Sorry.

Edited by GREENBLUE