Whitewater, WI - June 23, 2018

Ugh. Colts have beds on the field. I have never been move much by any show with a bed for a prop. Will keep the mind open, though.

posted from the DrumScorps app

Yay! Colts give me the first grand hit of the season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Colts are on the field and it appears they are miking the entire corps. There are mics on the 30,45 on both sides of the fifty making them sound far louder than reality. Battery is directly in front of me and I hear them from the far right. 

Edited by Old Corps Guy

4 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

Colts are on the field and it appears they are miking the entire corps. There are mics on the 30,45 on both sides of the fifty making them sound far louder than reality. Battery is directly in front of me and I hear them from the far right. 

That's sad to hear.  But it's a trend... 

Pre recorded vocals also not kewl. What happened to having all the musicians on the field?  I guess I truly am the old corps guy. 

Lots of fans fooled by the guy turning the knobs. 

8 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

Yep, they were super loud and at moments obviously electronically loud.

But a very entertaining show that looks good for the first week if your.

9 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

Honestly.  There's a reason why amplification was brought up this winter.  Its a major trend that hasn't been regulated yet.  If the Colts want to play ball and return to finals, they need to do these things.

I don't blame Colts at all.  I'm sure it adds as much value to the show as any other corps that uses mics in that way.

17 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

Ugh. Colts have beds on the field. I have never been move much by any show with a bed for a prop. Will keep the mind open, though.

Fusion Core's dream show three or four years ago worked pretty well.