Stanford, CA - June 23, 2018

How about the Mandarins being within 2.5pts of The Cadets. I know it's early in the season and The Cadets is going through it, but still. What a start for the Sacramento crew!

posted from the DrumScorps app

I loved Mandarins aaaaaand then the singing started. I could not stand Academy.

BD did win guard tonight and I called it.  Sounds to me like BD had big feedback but their mix was much much better than SCV. I felt vanguard soloists were too loud. (same feeling about SCVC and their sound system but even more so).

BD tenor line sounded like they missed a few of those notes in the Raga portion. I am quite familiar with that segment as Amir posted the exact thing recently and I love Indian music.

Both BD and SCV had dirty portions of the snare line show. BD's were more noticable though.

37 minutes ago, quietcity said:

When did SCV last beat BD? 

9 minutes ago, absynthknight said:

2004 in Seattle at the Seahawks Stadium.

I was wrong.  Someone mentioned 2007.  I do remember a train horn blaring outside the stadium during the Blue Devils train show.  It got the crowd laughing. 

43 minutes ago, flammaster said:

BD tenor line sounded like they missed a few of those notes in the Raga portion. I am quite familiar with that segment as Amir posted the exact thing recently and I love Indian music....

Thanks for mentioning the term Raga. I didn’t know what that style was called and now I can look it up. I love that part!

Edited by jaylogan

7 minutes ago, absynthknight said:

I was wrong.  Someone mentioned 2007.  I do remember a train horn blaring outside the stadium during the Blue Devils train show.  It got the crowd laughing. 

No train horn, but that feedback blast BD suffered tonight was truly cringe worthy 

7 minutes ago, absynthknight said:

Underrated show.

Just got back.  Absolutely LOVED SCVC, Mandarins, and SCV.  SCV really should have done their closer standstill but that's just me being selfish.  Too bad I won't be able to catch it live.

But among my friends who are new to the activity, they enjoyed Mandarins the most, which I have to agree.  These are not the Mandarins of yore.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, NeutralNovice said:

Just got back.  Absolutely LOVED SCVC, Mandarins, and SCV.  SCV really should have done their closer standstill but that's just me being selfish.  Too bad I won't be able to catch it live.

But among my friends who are new to the activity, they enjoyed Mandarins the most, which I have to agree.  These are not the Mandarins of yore.

If you stayed for the encore you would have heard their closer. It's great.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

If you stayed for the encore you would have heard their closer. It's great.

I was lucky enough to hear it at the BBQ earlier in the day and it is indeed fantastic.  I have work unfortunately Sunday so we got out of there as soon as BD finished.

• Like 1