Stanford, CA - June 23, 2018

Just now, Hrothgar15 said:

Pacific Procession is tomorrow and it’s an exhibition show now. Going to head over there to see them rehearse the closer, which sounded glorious in encore last night. 

Have fun and please report back if you can. Didn't know it was an exhibition. Are you going to the show tonight?

5 hours ago, brassboy said:

Ah, I FINALLY figured out what Mandarins’ stiltmen remind me of and why they’re so wonderfully disturbing: the Mad Hatter in American McGee’s “Alice!”

tX02Tn2.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

That was a pretty fun and disturbed game.

I felt like the whole thing was verging on being inspired by Hieronymus Bosch's Garden of Earthly Delights.  Particularly the hellscape panel.  Although it's a bird thing sitting on a high chair (eating a person, to boot), there was something about the "tall and disturbing" that worked.  The guard outfits had a similar effect. 

https://tuinderlusten-jheronimusbosch.ntr.nl/en

Have fun scoping the interactive exhibit! There's a lot there Mandarins could pull from to make that show off the charts weird.

5 hours ago, brassboy said:

Ah, I FINALLY figured out what Mandarins’ stiltmen remind me of and why they’re so wonderfully disturbing: the Mad Hatter in American McGee’s “Alice!”

tX02Tn2.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

The one with crutches also was somewhat reminiscent of the Crow Fishers from Mad Max.

http://madmax.wikia.com/wiki/Crow_Fishers

See how they move? (2:25 in this clip)

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Like 1